Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Stalin was a Marxist Communist and a theist. It seems that it was organized religion he especially objected to.

One reason I could not follow the god of the bible is because I am opposed to genocide and torture.

Christianity has historically been a monotheistic religion that has been very violent and intolerant against those who think differently, even against those who also call themselves Christians.
    hmm the reason I'm not a Christian tbh is because Christianity at it's core is slave morality much like communism is and modern day Christians on top of that are highly liberal. For example the church I socially supposedly belong to has a female priest, they are pro LGBTQ and preach tolerance, liberal values. Its just highly off-putting, plus I could never agree with being a peaceful Christian myself. Turn the other cheek imo is a good way to lose long term.

Today I went to church for the first time in a decade (my grandmother died) and it reminded me of why I stopped going. The congregation seems to be dying as well tbh, there were only old ppl there.

Imo after Vatican II, the Catholic church has failed as well, protestants have been a failure from the start..

Even if I were to believe in something akin to Brahman (a God).. I would never become a Christian again. I have no ill feelings towards Christianity, I just think it killed itself and its better to move on.
    Last edited by SGF; 04-18-2021 at 08:41 AM. Reason: typos

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    hmm the reason I'm not a Christian tbh is because Christianity at it's core is slave morality much like communism is and modern day Christians on top of that are highly liberal. For example the church I socially supposedly belong to has a female priest, they are pro LGBTQ and preach tolerance, liberal values. Its just highly off-putting, plus I could never agree with being a peaceful Christian myself. Turn the other cheek imo is a good way to lose long term.

Today I went to church for the first time in a decade (my grandmother died) and it reminded me of why I stopped going. The congregation seems to be dying as well tbh, there were only old ppl there.

Imo after Vatican II, the Catholic church has failed as well, protestants have been a failure from the start..

Even if I were to believe in something akin to Brahman (a God).. I would never become a Christian again. I have no ill feelings towards Christianity, I just think it killed itself and its better to move on.
    I don't mind aspiring towards peace, I just don't think the Christian message on the whole is a peaceful one, at least according to scripture and history.

I also cannot force myself to believe something that I know isn't true or which cannot be shown to be true.