Thread: Weak Se in the military?

Hybrid View

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided to go for a career in the military after I got my psych degree. I'm a machine gunner in a counter special forces unit and have been for just under 4 years now. However my ultimate goal is psyops. I enjoy the structure and the physical aspects of military life it's really bringing out the best in me. I enjoy getting paid to shoot guns and going to the gym. The travel to different locations is nice too. My collegues are good people and I consider many of them close friends cuz we did training together. It's also grounding, the Se nature of it provides an opportunity to grow.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
    I decided to go for a career in the military after I got my psych degree. I'm a machine gunner in a counter special forces unit and have been for just under 4 years now. However my ultimate goal is psyops. I enjoy the structure and the physical aspects of military life it's really bringing out the best in me. I enjoy getting paid to shoot guns and going to the gym. The travel to different locations is nice too. My collegues are good people and I consider many of them close friends cuz we did training together. It's also grounding, the Se nature of it provides an opportunity to grow.
    I've heard good things about special forces. I'm jealous; I have a friend that works alongside Navy special forces as a medic and he seems to really enjoy it. They are extremely competent. That's cool and I hope I don't sound too negative; maybe I shouldn't have said anything, I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I've heard good things about special forces. I'm jealous; I have a friend that works alongside Navy special forces as a medic and he seems to really enjoy it. They are extremely competent. That's cool and I hope I don't sound too negative; maybe I shouldn't have said anything, I don't know.
    Oh, I am not special forces. Just defence against sabotage units. Small squads working with a k9-handler to make sure let's say something important doesnt get blown to hell. I'm not sure what the american designation for it is but it literally means "counter special forces".

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Your signature seems more significant now!

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However my ultimate goal is psyops.
    Funny, I was actually looking at psyops as a potential avenue for me! What about it appeals to you and why do you think you are suited for it?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeliMeat View Post
    Funny, I was actually looking at psyops as a potential avenue for me! What about it appeals to you and why do you think you are suited for it?
    Personal reasons. But I wanna be on the tactical team and not an analyst. Adventure is a major motivational factor for me, make of it what you will.