Thread: I think I am going insane

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was actually going to set a timer to drink water... I can forget to take care of myself sometimes because I can get wrapped up with my thoughts, I should really be kinder on myself.
    Just a few weeks ago I was too addicted to being online/sitting on my ass and playing video games and I forgot to move my body for a long time. Whenever I do that, I have a tendency to get these horrible muscle/back/neck spasms that are so bad I feel like I am going to die. The pain is indescrible- it's like I am giving birth to new dimensions. They pass over in a few hours but my doctor told me before they can be prevented if I get regular massages and I exercise more. I did good today, I ate a healthy dinner & I exercised and I am not going to play my video game for more than an hour lol.

If there was no real physical health consequences to it yes being introverted and IP I would just sorta sit in one space and completely Ni out like Buddha or something- but you have a physical body that needs taking care of and it's all part of it. I even hate how spiritual/self-help books always refer to the human body/sexuality stuff as the 'lowest' point which is stupid & short-sighted to me. It's kinda dumb that humans tend to have that mentality - as to me it's all connected and all important. ( cuz I value Se maybe?) I don't view the crown chakra as the 'highest' or whatever because often times it's just some evil ghost in ur head getting u to dislike your self or have noxious half-truths with their lies mixed in.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there are two types of sensory experiences, short term and long term ones.

Yes having a bunch of short term flings if that isn't what you are really looking for will make you unhappy over time...
    Yes eating unhealthy tasty food will make you fat...

But having fulfilling sensory interactions with someone and eating healthy food will make you feel better.

People think of sensory things as being shallow and short term for some reason that I cannot ascertain... I guess because some people think of it as a chore and would rather waste years trying to figure out what's wrong with their mind even though their life isn't that bad...

It is all about the choices you make, and making sure you made the right ones for your health.

If you feel better from the outside, you will start to think clearer even if you can't "see" the connection between the two.

Humans aren't floating orbs of pure mind energy that can achieve perfection... We are imperfect creatures and none of us will reach a state of perfection as long as we exist on Earth. We can only spend each day trying to approach perfection.

The body affects the mind, and the mind affects the body because science.

P.S. “It seems to me that we all look at Nature too much, and live with her too little. I discern great sanity in the Greek attitude. They never chattered about sunsets, or discussed whether the shadows on the grass were really mauve or not. But they saw that the sea was for the swimmer, and the sand for the feet of the runner. They loved the trees for the shadow that they cast, and the forest for its silence at noon.” ― Oscar Wilde, De Profundis

I think humans get a little too disconnected from the natural world sometimes because we think we are super intelligent and we are beyond that...