Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suspiria View Post
    So when are you going on a masquerade ball and overthrowing the government with me

Jk

Unless...
    o.o can I come? I'm always up for that shit..

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    It's weird, I would have typed you as easily ESI. Imo Gulenko's subtype system excuses too much, and the criteria he uses seem to change from person to person. Why is everyone LSI? I wonder if his translator is beta. I think when you translate, it's not just straight language to language, but it also is filtered through your own understanding and cognition, a bit of you gets into the translation ime. Could that be what's happening here? Idk.

I typed myself as LSI-C, and watching @Uncle Ave and your videos, I wonder, and I don't think that's what Gulenko would type me, or maybe he would since that's what everyone gets typed lol. I guess I will have to offer myself up as tribute to find out.
    In socionics being emotional = / = Fi or Fe. If you read the descriptions to be considered Fi type you'd have to see the world through relationships and if one would be Fe one would have to want to push people's buttons to get specific wanted reactions out of them (think Marilyn Manson)... neither of which has much to do with one's own emotional nature.

... hell I'm tripple reactive and blow a gasket at times that only makes me a potential feeler in MBTI, but nnot socionics. I think a lot of ppl misunderstand and being an ethical type does not strictly equal being emotional, but one can be both.
    Last edited by SGF; 03-25-2021 at 07:45 AM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    o.o can I come? I'm always up for that shit..

In socionics being emotional = / = Fi or Fe. If you read the descriptions to be considered Fi type you'd have to see the world through relationships and if one would be Fe one would have to want to push people's buttons to get specific wanted reactions out of them (think Marilyn Manson)... neither of which has much to do with one's own emotional nature.

... hell I'm tripple reactive and blow a gasket at times that only makes me a potential feeler in MBTI, but nnot socionics. I think a lot of ppl misunderstand and being an ethical type does not strictly equal being emotional, but one can be both.
    Why do you assume I was referring to emotions? I wasn't. I'm probably more emotionally expressive than Ave is, maybe less than ashlesha. And I have no idea on anyone's internal emotional state, obviously.

I was referring to the reasons he gave for why he typed them as he did. Different reasons for each of them to be the same type, and those reasons don't necessarily apply to me. It was based on what they said, and how I interpreted that socionically. And I assumed that G and crew were using what they said to type, which is why I wondered if it had something to do with translation.

But, on his website G talks about how they type people with a gestalt method comparing to type images, followed by a more detailed look to see if that holds up. Mentions that different schools won't have the same images collected as to what makes up a type. And HERE he talks about non-verbal cues. So, the reasons he gives might not be the whole reasons after all, if you know what I mean.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    But, on his website G talks about how they type people with a gestalt method comparing to type images, followed by a more detailed look to see if that holds up. Mentions that different schools won't have the same images collected as to what makes up a type. And HERE he talks about non-verbal cues. So, the reasons he gives might not be the whole reasons after all, if you know what I mean.
    in his report he does mention nonverbal cues and so on, for example in mine:

Judging by his facial expressions, his smile is more like a role smile, i.e. consciously represented. Perhaps, he is learning some communication techniques on purpose. (which I amdoing tbh, to compensate for shit Fe and Fi as well as socializing issues how he knew was weird)

You can also see the micro-mimicry of disgust on his face, which is also associated with this function. (referring to Si)

I use this stuff to read ppl, at first it was something I did subconsciously, but then I learned to recognize it consciously as well so I can respond to ppl in ways that benefit me in the end.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i've always done weirdly terrible on those tests that score how well you can read facial expressions.

(:

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    i've always done weirdly terrible on those tests that score how well you can read facial expressions.

(:
    I typically score above average on them myself. Most people think I'm EII or LII. Probably more EII than LII.