Thread: Ashlesha/Lungs/Kassie: Gulenko LSI

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    It's weird, I would have typed you as easily ESI. Imo Gulenko's subtype system excuses too much, and the criteria he uses seem to change from person to person. Why is everyone LSI? I wonder if his translator is beta. I think when you translate, it's not just straight language to language, but it also is filtered through your own understanding and cognition, a bit of you gets into the translation ime. Could that be what's happening here? Idk.

I typed myself as LSI-C, and watching @Uncle Ave and your videos, I wonder, and I don't think that's what Gulenko would type me, or maybe he would since that's what everyone gets typed lol.
    To the bolded that appears to be the case.

For example he said @Suspiria was ethical because his interest in arts and culture "requires empathy", whereas @Duschia's lack of empathy stems from lack of Fi, and yet typing them both as Fi ignoring EIEs. I don't know if he knows people share their reports to each other haha. But I don't know how to justify this. It's possible it's a translation issue, perhaps multiple Russian words translate into "empathy" in English.

I guess I will have to offer myself up as tribute to find out.
    Be the next sacrificial victim.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    To the bolded that appears to be the case.

For example he said @Suspiria was ethical because his interest in arts and culture "requires empathy", whereas @Duschia's lack of empathy stems from lack of Fi, and yet typing them both as Fi ignoring EIEs. I don't know if he knows people share their reports to each other haha. But I don't know how to justify this. It's possible it's a translation issue, perhaps multiple Russian words translate into "empathy" in English.

Be the next sacrificial victim.
    I can only speak for my own report here, in Duschia's absence. The original document about my type used the word "сопереживания"(Soperezhivaniya) and translated it as 'empathy'. Empathy is a strange word in Russian's linguistic structure because I've seen people use it interchangeably with compassion (sostradaniye, sochuvstvie). I've seen the former get used with the translation of "emotion", once, but honestly, I think that's a pretty powerful stretch.

I don't think there's an issue with the translation itself here. Gulenko does appear to hold different people to different standards.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suspiria View Post
    I can only speak for my own report here, in Duschia's absence. The original document about my type used the word "сопереживания"(Soperezhivaniya) and translated it as 'empathy'. Empathy is a strange word in Russian's linguistic structure because I've seen people use it interchangeably with compassion (sostradaniye, sochuvstvie). I've seen the former get used with the translation of "emotion", once, but honestly, I think that's a pretty powerful stretch.

I don't think there's an issue with the translation itself here. Gulenko does appear to hold different people to different standards.
    There's an issue with the word "empathy" itself tho. It can mean anything between the empaths who drown in everyone's feelings to lending an ear to someone.
    It's a tough subject to discuss because it seems people tend to be very attached to their own empathy and feel attacked by any questioning on the perceptions of it.
    I think it's overall closer to "two moments, two mesures" in general, I've read on sociopaths and narcisists being called empathetic but using it to hurt people, as in understanding others' feelings enough to get under their skin.
    Yeah, because understanding people's feelings without lending an ear nor drowning in them is also a definition I saw.
    It gets even more convoluted when you cross two persons who say that keeping an emotional distance to listen to people is the right thing to do, but one calls it "empathy" and the other "sympathy". Also both calls the other word as "drowning in people's feelings" and say it's not the best approach to help others. It ends with two people who mean the same thing but cannot understand they do because they are stuck on the words, feeling defensive and stuff.

The g dude is the only one who truly knows what he meant, and he likely forgot by now imo. :/
    He might even have changed his mind overtime on what "empathy" means, without explaining nor realizing he did that, it happens. People do that all the time.