Thread: To all my lovely SEIs

Hybrid View

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got tired of my boyfriend trying to push me to be a housewife and stereotyping me and so forth and I didn't want to pour all my feelings onto him because I know he would have just thought it was so stupid so it was better to put all my cringy feelings into the void.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    I just got tired of my boyfriend trying to push me to be a housewife and stereotyping me and so forth and I didn't want to pour all my feelings onto him because I know he would have just thought it was so stupid so it was better to put all my cringy feelings into the void.
    Have you tried telling him what you want your life to look like instead? Does he listen & respect that? Is he open minded? Is this his ideal in general?

Side note cuz I relate. My IEE friend basically makes it sound like his dream of the future is him working hard at his manager job while his girl stays home with a couple kids, some pets, & cleans. I told him I'm not sure on wanting kids for various reasons & I'd definitely want to work cuz I get bored too easily being home. I also said I'm a good cook & fairly neat in general, but I don't really like or don't like to consistently cook & clean. He said if his girl wants to work or not is up to her & he wants to be able to provide for her either way. We had been friends for a year & knowing what I want for myself, he still asked me out.

I'd say, just lay it out straight to him. Maybe compromise cuz if I ever lived with someone & they worked 60 hours but I worked 40, on my days off is when I'd probably surprise them & tidy things up or whatever it is that they'd appreciate & basically even out our work hours. Working days would be a different story though. Lol