View Poll Results: What type was Albert Einstein?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

8 40.00%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

5 25.00%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

1 5.00%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

4 20.00%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

2 10.00%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 5.00%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Albert Einstein

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Einstein - ILE?

I often see Einstein typed as an ILE. What I don't get about this is that EPs are supposedly high energy types - they like expending energy. When I look at Einstein's demeanor, and the way he carried himself, I don't see someone with a high energy level. My guess would be ILI - an IP, the lowest energy level group, and both intuitive and logical.

Jason

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have a video or something?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Do you have a video or something?

Jason

EDIT: For some reason, when I click on the "play" button of the video, it doesn't play. If this happens to you, go to http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...lbert_Einstein, and look at the video under "Videos."

Jason

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk, it's pretty scant evidence. There are plenty of other reasons
    why Einstein is ILE (see socionics.us + a billion past threads).

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wrote a substantiation of the ILE typing based on a biography of Einstein. It's not perfect, but I think the reasons for ILE are pretty strong. Feel free to comment on http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...Admin/Einstein
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a complete side note, I thought Exxp's expended energy as a matter of course, but Exxj's took it to the next level. Not saying one is better than the other, but Exxj's, especially Fe, seems very much out in the world as far as energy goes.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    On a complete side note, I thought Exxp's expended energy as a matter of course, but Exxj's took it to the next level.
    I'd say it's the other way around.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    I often see Einstein typed as an ILE. What I don't get about this is that EPs are supposedly high energy types - they like expending energy. When I look at Einstein's demeanor, and the way he carried himself, I don't see someone with a high energy level. My guess would be ILI - an IP, the lowest energy level group, and both intuitive and logical.

Jason
    While your reasoning is sounds right, it's still higly probable that einstein was ILE.

My arguments:
    - Rick said that highly intelligent people tend to be loners.
    - Igor Weisband is ILE, he's not the high energy type you'd expect. I've met him.
    - another example, Rick is an IEE, he's not a high energy type, he acts coolish.
    - Einstein seems to VI as an ILE
    - ILE's tend to be capable of the things einstein did. ILI's not.
    - Einsteins letters etc (i've got 2 books on him) are pretty strange. If he was an ILI I might
    have recognized something of my own writing style in it, which I don't.
    - Someone capable of recognizing Ne, would probably see it clearly in one of my books, I
    remember thinking, this guy has great intuitive insights. He sees all sorts of things in what
    seems mundane. Unfortunately I'm not an expert on Ne. But it's pretty obvious I think.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    While your reasoning is sounds right, it's still higly probable that einstein was ILE.

My arguments:
    - Rick said that highly intelligent people tend to be loners.
    Way to think for yourself. I think anybody with any observational skills at all could have deduced that one. Except, damn... are we saying that Ronald Reagan wasn't intelligent here? Something isn't jiving, now.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This message is endorsed by rmcnew (blame him!).

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    Ni. Absurd in a Ne perspective.
    No, that is precisely how Ne works. Information is taken in, reshuffled, and spit back out in a form that is unrecognizable. This is viewed as creativity... but to the Ne ego watching his own mind, everything came from somewhere.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started this thread when I didn't have much knowledge of socionics. Interestingly, I now still consider Einstein to be ILI, for three main reasons:

1. His mannerisms and facial expressions appear completely drained of Fe (enthusiasm). It wouldn't surprise me if Fe is his weakest function.

2. Einstein was very interested in moral causes. His interest in pacifism and the well-being of mankind is very clear in his writings. (i.e., Fi-valuing.)

3. I find his writing style incomprehensible. Perhaps Einstein's writings (even on simple things) are too difficult to be easily understood by the masses, but these difficulties are very typical in quasi-identical relations.

Jason

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started this thread when I didn't have much knowledge of socionics. Interestingly, I now still consider Einstein to be ILI, for three main reasons:
    The evidence still weighs far more heavily towards ILE and your reasons do little to change that.

[quote1. His mannerisms and facial expressions appear completely drained of Fe (enthusiasm). It wouldn't surprise me if Fe is his weakest function.[/quote]Einstein may have also had Asperger's Syndrome.

2. Einstein was very interested in moral causes. His interest in pacifism and the well-being of mankind is very clear in his writings. (i.e., Fi-valuing.)
    He was also highly interested in political causes. But none of this really points to Fi-valuing, especially considering that philosophers such as Seneca (ILE) and Marx (ILE) also have written extensively on morality. And philosophical Spinoza's (Alpha NT) magnum opus was entitled Ethics. (The same Spinoza whose philosophical works influenced Einstein. Einstein even wrote a terrible poem for him.) Or how about the political ethicist John Rawls (LII)? To say that concern over the well-being of mankind points to Fi-valuing is simply wrong when one begins at the grander scope of evidence.

3. I find his writing style incomprehensible. Perhaps Einstein's writings (even on simple things) are too difficult to be easily understood by the masses, but these difficulties are very typical in quasi-identical relations.
    I do not find his writing style incomprehensible. If he is an ILI, and I am an LII this would be odd. If he is an ILI, and I am an LSI (as ephemeros believes), this would still be odd. Your ability or mine to comprehend his writing is not necessarily a good basis for typing.

If you were to look at the relationships that he had with his wives, it points towards Si-seeking. His difficulty of performing physical tasks required the aid of his wives. His second wife, Elsa, was described as a gatekeeper who protected him from unwelcome visitors and charlatans. Or this book excerpt describing his relationship:
    [Elsa and Einstein] enjoyed the same foods and appreciated the same ideals of simple living.
    Elsa's caretaking and nursing was a likely factor in Einstein's eventual decision to formalize his separation from Mileva.
    While Mileva is rumored to have contributed to Einstein's early theories to at least some extent, it was Elsa who was a better match for Einstein. Rather than competing with him in the scientific arena, she was able to accept that her husband needed solitude and intense concentration to do his work, and she played a supporting role by creating a good working environment for him and placing few demands on him.
    This is a caregiving behavior.

Einstein's love for sailing and rowing for relaxation of the mind and body also is an indication of Si-seeking. One book on Einstein writes:
    Sailing was an excellent output for Einstein's energies, combining mathematics and physics, as well as nautical engineering. Sailing provided physical activity and mind-clearing freedom; he brought a notebook on all his sailing ventures in order to jot down his thoughts. Some of his best thoughts were said to occur while working on his sailboats-while he spent much time actually sailing, he was also said to enjoy simply drifting and cogitating.
    Here we have Einstein engaging in leisurely physical activity (Si) as a means of generating ideas (Ne). It does not get much clearer than this.

Albert Einstein was much respected for his kind and friendly demeanor rooted in his pacifism. He was modest about his abilities, and had distinctive attitudes and fashions—for example, he minimized his wardrobe so that he would not need to waste time in deciding on what to wear. He occasionally had a playful sense of humor, and enjoyed sailing and playing the violin. He was also the stereotypical "absent-minded professor"; he was often forgetful of everyday items, such as keys, and would focus so intently on solving physics problems that he would often become oblivious to his surroundings. In his later years, his appearance inadvertently created (or reflected) another stereotype of the scientist in the process: the researcher with unruly white hair.
    This is behavior that occurs frequently in Ne-egos. There is a reason why the ILE is associated with the archetype of the absent-minded professor.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Creepy-bg

oh thank god... I thought that somebody had made a new thread on Einstein

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally think that temperament has more to do with the elements than the typing, Ni and Si fitting in with IP, Ne and Se fitting in with EP, etc.. And high energy is not the right idea. Extroversion is more about controlling and producing, making an impact. You're not always going to have high energy extroverts, no. So an ENTp with Ti subtype is especially not going to be high energy with passive and observant Ti.

Ti subtype is still wanting to control and make an impact, but is far less direct. There is more observation, waiting, and planning involved, and there less value placed upon the experiential.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often see Einstein typed as an ILE. What I don't get about this is that EPs are supposedly high energy types - they like expending energy.
    Goto the mall or any public place, look around and tell me how many people you see that you personally would describe as having 'exploding energy' when you do that get back to me.
    Easy Day

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Goto the mall or any public place, look around and tell me how many people you see that you personally would describe as having 'exploding energy' when you do that get back to me.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, I'm going to assume that was a joke and have a chuckle because if not you completely failed to grasp the point I was trying to make.

Also fwiw he's not at a mall
    Easy Day

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    lol

"The normal people that walk everyday on the streets, we cannot understand" - Ultimate Warrior

It must be because they have too low energy levels
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Creepy-male

Have you seen an ESE lately? Very explosive.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me introduce you the only Frenchman with a sense of humour:

Remi Gaillard

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    Have you seen an ESE lately? Very explosive.
    tell me about it. i have a 12 year old ESE at home it's drama city. poor kid!

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Albert Einstein

Ne-ENTp?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No wonder he looks tired. All the typing he must endure.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTP-Ti is the general consensus

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if being ENTx / creative subtype is a requirement for revolutionizing physics
    Last edited by Nexus; 12-20-2009 at 03:14 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    I wonder if being ENTx / creative subtype is a requirement for revolutionizing physics
    I guess it helps...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at his pictures and reading his writing, I thought ILI. After looking at this video, I think ILE. (There was even a hint of Fe in his expression at one point...)

Jason

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SLI/ISTp/594/5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Energy levels fluctuate and from my observation you can have two people of the same socionic type with, say, different enneatypes, or different social introversion/extraversion levels and you will end up with people with very different temperaments/energy levels.
    / ISTp / SLI / 5w4 / 594 / sp/sx
    / Lunar 12-egram /

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Einstein = ILE-Ti

I'm very confident of this typing.

Haikus
    TIM