Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    The snowball was melting; you can see that it's smaller at the end then at the beginning. Anyway, you might be interested by this article: https://www.popsci.com/article/scien...ause-its-real/
    It was getting smaller because it is not inert. It should have melted to zero, zilch, nothing but steam seconds put that "snow"ball on the burning log.. I guess you aren't that used to snow.

You must not be looking at my posts you are commenting on because that video you referred me to above is in my post, and I commented on it already. It doesn't make sense to comment on the posts that you don't even look at. That is not a conversation. But you aren't the only regular poster on The16T like that.

___

I get it. You think NOTHING of the Wm.Casey quote which is the title of this thread, because you can't see it or hear it. Because you trust most everything you have been taught by your educational institutes, government and the Media. That could NOT have been Casey's answer to his agency's goal, even though the person who heard it identifies herself. Because it conflicts with your idea about authority: that those in charge have a certain paternal goodness and as such have your best interests in mind. Any suggestion otherwise you can't hear. So the widespread weird observations about snow are not something you can see, because of the implication, and what it could bring. Cognitive Dissonance.

The truth hurts, but the truth sets you free. Lies enslave.

And what government would deal in lies? Certainly they don't want to govern slaves? They endeavor to be servants of the people! That's why they like to be referred to as "Representatives", and quickly seek to correct anyone who refers to them as "Leaders". (You've seen that all the time, right?). Because power doesn't corrupt, no - it makes them paternal and kind! They prefer to diminish their own power by sharing it with informed people, and have no desire to increase their own power. It's more just. We can trust them to be primarily candid and truthful. Because they are completely unlike people you know in your own real life, and instead, do not have unseen motives. Certainly, power incites the best in most people!
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-02-2021 at 03:00 AM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    It was getting smaller but it should have melted very shorty after he put that "snow"ball on it. I guess you aren't that used to snow.

You must not be looking at my posts you are commenting on because that video is in it and I commented on it. It doesn't make senwse to coment on the posts that you don't even look at.
    I don't have the patience to look at all the videos you post; I apologize. Eliza, I live in an area where it snows frequently. Nothing about what you've posted is unusual. What you're posting is absolute insanity. These videos are of people taking normal snow, watching it react as real snow acts, and then getting shocked because they have no idea what snow is actually like.

A fire of that size was not enough to melt the ice in seconds, especially on a cold day. I have witnessed fires in snowy weather before and I promise this video showed nothing unusual. Less snow than that can put out a fire of that size outright. It's not going to just immediately melt when it's cold and humid out unless the fire is a lot bigger and hotter.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have the patience to look at all the videos you post... ...Nothing about what you've posted is unusual. What you're posting is absolute insanity.
    So you haven't seen the videos, but you know they are insanity. Okay.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    So you haven't seen the videos, but you know they are insanity. Okay.
    I've seen enough of them. There's only so much nonsense someone can sit through.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen enough of them. There's only so much nonsense someone can sit through.
    That must be the "J" in your type. As a "P", I don't like to make a judgment of a thing until I have heard plenty of facts and sorted out inconsistencies thoroughly. I am comfortable leaving some new "off"-sounding thing that comes to me as "open" and unjudged (I may have an opinion, but not a final judgment), even if I have many such other things also still "open" in my mind, while I just wait for more facts/understanding to come in, all of which I am interested in examining and flipping from side to side thoroughly.

"P's" have their issues, but a "J" is more apt than a "P" to make hasty judgments. Because J's are not comfortable having so many things open, and they like making a judgment, thereby having more closed, "done" things in their mind instead of all that messy openness impeding the flow of thought. I have seen this hasty-J at work in ESEs, for sure. For ESEs it is more often a judgment of people vs. a judgment of facts (though it can be the latter, too). These particularly standout in my mind because it is deeply painful to be a target of that particular use of "Hasty-J". Your rejection of ideas is not personally painful to me like that is. Instead, more of an intellectual puzzle that begs solving. And seeing this from a type perspective is partial puzzle solution.