What's my type?
Describe your upbringing. Did it have any kind of religious or structured influence? How did you respond to it?
Raised by a Conservative, religious family. I was brought up around church. Went 2-3 days a week. I couldn't watch certain movies, i couldnt listen to certain music. Around age 11 I started questioning religion. Was told I'll go to hell if I do that. Kept questioning and at age 14 I put my foot down and stopped going to church. It was a terrible time after that. I escaped by reading fantasy,sci-fi, and horror books. I snuck the music/mobies/games I wanted. I usually all through high school would try to just stay at my friends houses. Did a lot of sports growing up. Played a lot of video games and read/write. Debate club. I'm 30 now, atheist and not conservative
• What do you do as a job or as a career (if you have one)? Do you like it? Why or why not?
I was doing retail. I HATED IT!! I don't like dealing with needy people and retail is full of it. I argued with managers, never yelling just pointing out discrepancies, condescending attitudes, etc.
• If you had to spend an entire weekend by yourself, how would you feel? Would you feel lonely or refreshed? Great.
• What kinds of activities do you prefer? Do you like, and are you good at sports? Do you enjoy any other outdoor or indoor activities?
I like sports, I like fishing/hiking/surfing. Indoor activities is me watching movies. I. I play d&d.
• Would you enjoy taking on a leadership position? Do you think you would be good at it? What would your leadership style be?
I rather be in charge than someone else. I don't like being micromanaged. I would be good at it but would prefer to just be in charge of me.
• Are you coordinated? Why do you feel as if you are or are not? Do you enjoy working with your hands in some form?
I can juggle
• Are you artistic? If yes, describe your art? If you are not particular artistic but can appreciate art please likewise describe what forums of art you enjoy. Please explain your answer.
I suck at art but love and appreciate it. I still draw either way
• What's your opinion about the past, present, and future? How do you deal with them? Can be hard dealing with the past. I have anxiety sometimes. I look forward to the future as for the present I focus on doing things for the future.
• How do you act when others request your help to do something (anything)? If you would decide to help them, why would you do so? I only help those I care about or if I get paid.
• Do you need logical consistency in your life?
• How important is efficiency and productivity to you?
As long as things get done in all good so it's important.
• Do you control others, even if indirectly? How and why do you do that? When I was younger I could be very manipulative.
• What are your hobbies? Why do you like them?
Spending time with .y wife and kid.
Taking care of my animals
• What is your learning style? What kind of learning environments do you struggle with most? Why do you like/struggle with these learning styles? Do you prefer classes involving memorization, logic, creativity, or your physical senses?
I hate classroom settings. I do better by both reading and using my hands. I prefer logic and creativity for classes.
• How good are you at strategizing? Do you easily break up projects into manageable tasks? Or do you have a tendency to wing projects and improvise as you go?
Very good at winging it with somewhat of a detailed plan. I can think on my feet fast and go through multiple scenarios on my head.
• What are your aspirations in life, professionally and personally?
Work from home. Make more money.
• What do the "highs" in your life look like?
Great, it's what I aim for.
• What do the "lows" in your life look like?
Rock bottom. Like I'm trying to stay afloat but cant.
• How attached are you to reality? Do you daydream often, or do you pay attention to what's around you? If you do daydream, are you aware of your surroundings while you do so?
I daydream a lot but I'm aware of my surroundings.
• Imagine you are alone in a blank, empty room. There is nothing for you to do and no one to talk to. What do you think about?
What's the point to the room? Who made it?
• How long do you take to make an important decision? And do you change your mind once you've made it?
I rarely change my mind unless something else catches my eye.
• How long do you take to process your emotions? How important are emotions in your life?
• Do you ever catch yourself agreeing with others just to appease them and keep the conversation going? How often? Why?
No. I don't appease others. I usually question, debate.
• Do you break rules often? Do you think authority should be challenged, or that they know better? If you do break rules, why?
Yes. I will break rules if they don't make sense and bring up why they don't make sense. (I wanted to be a lawyer)
I am a cynical and distrusting person a lot of the time.
I am always up for a debate and I enjoy talking politics even at a young age.
I am a highly competitive person with sports, gaming and work.
When it comes to doing something creative or abstract I will take my time to figure out what I want. But on the other hand the physical world if I have a idea or want to do something, I'll leap before I look.
I only really care what the closed ones in my life think about me. Either way I'll do what I decide to do in the end though.
With stressful situations I'm mostly calm and mindful however if I see something in my head not go my way I lose my calm and become rather impatient. Example: I got locked out of my house at 1am, no locksmith open. My wife is rather patient on trying to figure it out while after about a hour or 2 I'm ready to break the lock.
Around my wife, family, and friends I am a goofy person and look to make people laugh.
I am a geeky person. If you didn't know me you wouldn't know. I've had people tell me I come off intimidating until they started to talk to me and also say I'm one the nerdiest people they have met.
At work I like to do my own thing. I don't like to be bothered. While I worked in retail I hated being asked questions. For instance someone asks what aisle is dog food even though there's a gigantic dog food sign above them. I always looked at them like they were incompetent. I now work in a job that requires fixing and problem solving which is much better. If I was boss for instance, as long as the work gets done I don't care if people talk and have fun...just get the work done.
When doing work I do what I think makes the most Rational And Logical sense most of the time.
I am a stubborn person.
I do tend to get bored easily and will zone out if something is boring.
I have a very organized work environment while my home life is what I call controlled chaos. I know where things are while others wouldn't.
If there's something to get done and I don't find it interesting I used to put it off but as I've gotten older I will tackle it head on right away so I can just relax later.
I don't like having people tell me what to do or manage me. I'm more of a person to just do my own thing.
Strategic person in general.
I will usually speak up when needed. So if there's something unfair happening or someone being bossy I will usually call them out.
I consider myself fairly imaginative.
I love gaming, table top rpgs, reading fantasy and science fiction novels.
I like to understand systems and how things work. Including abstract systems like magic the gathering.
My wife says I remind her of Geralt from the Witcher, Han Solo from Star Wars and Dr Ian Malcom from Jurassic Park
Last edited by Deathmetaljoker; 02-21-2021 at 06:26 PM.
Really sounds like LSI from what you described. I'll try to explain my reasonings later maybe but I'm too busy right now.
Geralt is an ISTj - LSI... I think you could be a gamma-like beta LSI. Your values kind of tend toward gamma values. It's weird since you was raised by a religious family.