Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
Well the theory makes sense and all but my personal experience contradicts this. The ESE guys I've met were quite good at managing their resources, since Te-role isn't exactly bad at Te. Haven't met any ESE ladies though. I've met EII men and women who were also great at saving (good at not wasting money rather than money management). This is why I think the impulsivity of p types is what leads to wasting resources. And I support this view with my closest friends and myself, 2 ILE and 2 SLI who can be quite wasteful if they can, even if the theory says otherwise. In the case of ILE at least some descriptions mention being good at making and also spending money.
A small sample may contradict the theory for specific individuals but it doesn't invalidate the practical theory behind it and why it is the way it is.

Not all individuals of a type are equal. So although it's the norm for say, ESE to be spending for image conscious reasons (Fe lead/Te role), your ESE example could actually be more careful with Fe and thus moderate their spending. They're still ESE, and ESE aren't that careful with saving because they lead with Fe+ positive emotions combined with Te+ Role and not only is role a function of stressful reluctance, but Te+ is about big risks (LIE and SLE have this form in high dimension). So what this means is that on occasion when ESE is stressed out, to feel good and get positive emotions back, they engage in role function and use it as a coping mechanism so they go out on big ole spending sprees. What they spend big money on is a personal preference, but the formula is the same.

This reminds me of an ESE I met at a wedding like 10 years ago. I was a teenager and was seated across her and her husband. She looked like she was in her 40s with her atrocious outfit and had gross mom perm hair but later I found out she was only 25. Anyway, I found out a few months later (through my godmother) that her husband was divorcing her because she emptied out the bank accounts by spending it all on buying a bunch of stuff. This was the 2nd time she's done that where she emptied out all the bank accounts with her spending sprees. Her husband said she gets stressed out and does go on stress spending binges but it's usually not so bad. After the 1s time that she emptied their accounts, he warned her if she ever did it again, he'll divorce her and take custody of their son. She was begging her husband for a second chance but he refused and did leave her. I think he's Delta ST. Nice, hard working guy. Unimposing. She was a damn cow.