Hybrid View

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
    Saving resources is a Te thing. As a 4D Te user it probably comes to you naturally, but it's not a focus since you don't value Te. As an Alpha myself I find budgeting, money management, etc. boring but necessary and I can do them pretty naturally too.Ti kinda gets in the way though and I only apply Te efficiency and money management principles when I really need them.
    Yes. Te is applied applied, practical logic. ILE don't want to engage in Te anymore than they have to, and when they do, they want to get it over with very quickly. That's how all the types treat their demo function. ILE and SLE (demo Te in Model A 4D/creative Te in Model G 3D) don't use pure Te and certainly not for the sake of it, but it gets applied specifically to support their lead function. For ILE, they are use Te specifically for when they're occupied with activities that are of interest to them and can extract values from such activities. ILE have Te- (same as LSE and ILI) which is practical logic of savings. Here's a few examples of how ILE uses it: quickly implement current informational finds to immediate practical use in projects, realize innovative and savvy ideas, optimize a system to maximize benefits.

The reason why Gammas may appear wasteful, isn't Te but Se. Se is probably the wasteful function (and pardon my poor understanding of this unvalued function lol). Se is concerned with social status, hierarchy, stuff like that right?
    No. Anything that concerns social image, social hierarchy, or taking context into image, that's Fe because it's the function that shapes demonstrative and expressive behavior. Fe wants to make an external impact by effecting the emotional atmosphere. Se is static and straight up facts. The reason why Se is the closest to perceiving reality is because it takes in raw information. There's no filters or edits with Se, it's straight up factual reality.

to me that some Se users, and especially Se seekers like to give the impression that they are well-off. This means buying pointless crap like fancy cars or whatever. A bit paradoxical how LIE who value efficiency want to buy expensive cars that are only good for signalling status but there you have it. On the other hand, I don't see, say, LSE buying things for status. And many of the LSE I know are well off thanks to their Te-lead.
    You're onto to something with the Se seekers wanting to give the impression of being well-off, but it's actually due to Fe. It's wanting to appear a certain way that conjures up an impression for others to perceive. EIE want to appear bossass bitch and LIE want to appear respectable and powerful. For me, I don't care about how others perceive me or think of me. I already know I look cute because I've judged myself to look cute and no external judgement could change my internal judgement. I use Fe to express Fi. So I look good not to impress others or leave an impression on others, but it's merely an outward expression of how I internally feel.

I had to guess which types are most prone to wasting resources, it'd be a pretty tough call between any xxFp and even ILE or SLI. For xxFp it's the weak Te plus the impulsivity of irrational type. For ILE and SLI it's tough to explain. Especially SLI which are often quite stingy lol. ILE and SLI are very adaptive in terms of resources. If they're poor they don't really mind and just live with it. But if they have resources I guarantee they will buy useless crap to satisfy their leading and suggestive functions. ILE and SLI are basically the types I know the best since my best friends are of these types (and myself). Both types waste resources for the sake of comfort or for the sake of some new idea or change itself. This is interesting because both have 3D Te so they are in principle good at managing money but they ignore it in favour of Ne/Si.
    LOL Most wasteful types are Alpha SFs (too concerned with Fe image and low Te dimensionality), Beta & Delta NF (low dimensional Si and Se, low dimensional Te). ILE actually aren't wasteful cuz high dimensional Te-. SLI is actually pretty stingy and good applying their resources.

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    Yes. Te is applied applied, practical logic. ILE don't want to engage in Te anymore than they have to, and when they do, they want to get it over with very quickly. That's how all the types treat their demo function. ILE and SLE (demo Te in Model A 4D/creative Te in Model G 3D) don't use pure Te and certainly not for the sake of it, but it gets applied specifically to support their lead function. For ILE, they are use Te specifically for when they're occupied with activities that are of interest to them and can extract values from such activities. ILE have Te- (same as LSE and ILI) which is practical logic of savings. Here's a few examples of how ILE uses it: quickly implement current informational finds to immediate practical use in projects, realize innovative and savvy ideas, optimize a system to maximize benefits.

No. Anything that concerns social image, social hierarchy, or taking context into image, that's Fe because it's the function that shapes demonstrative and expressive behavior. Fe wants to make an external impact by effecting the emotional atmosphere. Se is static and straight up facts. The reason why Se is the closest to perceiving reality is because it takes in raw information. There's no filters or edits with Se, it's straight up factual reality.

You're onto to something with the Se seekers wanting to give the impression of being well-off, but it's actually due to Fe. It's wanting to appear a certain way that conjures up an impression for others to perceive. EIE want to appear bossass bitch and LIE want to appear respectable and powerful. For me, I don't care about how others perceive me or think of me. I already know I look cute because I've judged myself to look cute and no external judgement could change my internal judgement. I use Fe to express Fi. So I look good not to impress others or leave an impression on others, but it's merely an outward expression of how I internally feel.

LOL Most wasteful types are Alpha SFs (too concerned with Fe image and low Te dimensionality), Beta & Delta NF (low dimensional Si and Se, low dimensional Te). ILE actually aren't wasteful cuz high dimensional Te-. SLI is actually pretty stingy and good applying their resources.
    Well the theory makes sense and all but my personal experience contradicts this. The ESE guys I've met were quite good at managing their resources, since Te-role isn't exactly bad at Te. Haven't met any ESE ladies though. I've met EII men and women who were also great at saving (good at not wasting money rather than money management). This is why I think the impulsivity of p types is what leads to wasting resources. And I support this view with my closest friends and myself, 2 ILE and 2 SLI who can be quite wasteful if they can, even if the theory says otherwise. In the case of ILE at least some descriptions mention being good at making and also spending money.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the theory makes sense and all but my personal experience contradicts this. The ESE guys I've met were quite good at managing their resources, since Te-role isn't exactly bad at Te. Haven't met any ESE ladies though. I've met EII men and women who were also great at saving (good at not wasting money rather than money management). This is why I think the impulsivity of p types is what leads to wasting resources. And I support this view with my closest friends and myself, 2 ILE and 2 SLI who can be quite wasteful if they can, even if the theory says otherwise. In the case of ILE at least some descriptions mention being good at making and also spending money.
    A small sample may contradict the theory for specific individuals but it doesn't invalidate the practical theory behind it and why it is the way it is.

Not all individuals of a type are equal. So although it's the norm for say, ESE to be spending for image conscious reasons (Fe lead/Te role), your ESE example could actually be more careful with Fe and thus moderate their spending. They're still ESE, and ESE aren't that careful with saving because they lead with Fe+ positive emotions combined with Te+ Role and not only is role a function of stressful reluctance, but Te+ is about big risks (LIE and SLE have this form in high dimension). So what this means is that on occasion when ESE is stressed out, to feel good and get positive emotions back, they engage in role function and use it as a coping mechanism so they go out on big ole spending sprees. What they spend big money on is a personal preference, but the formula is the same.

This reminds me of an ESE I met at a wedding like 10 years ago. I was a teenager and was seated across her and her husband. She looked like she was in her 40s with her atrocious outfit and had gross mom perm hair but later I found out she was only 25. Anyway, I found out a few months later (through my godmother) that her husband was divorcing her because she emptied out the bank accounts by spending it all on buying a bunch of stuff. This was the 2nd time she's done that where she emptied out all the bank accounts with her spending sprees. Her husband said she gets stressed out and does go on stress spending binges but it's usually not so bad. After the 1s time that she emptied their accounts, he warned her if she ever did it again, he'll divorce her and take custody of their son. She was begging her husband for a second chance but he refused and did leave her. I think he's Delta ST. Nice, hard working guy. Unimposing. She was a damn cow.