Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    For me, if sin exists, then the greatest sin is knowingly allowing evil to happen that you prevent. That would make the "God" of the Bible the greatest sinner.
    I could go to town on your whole post but this final line of yours really spells it out for me. Lucifer truly is your brother from another mother (and I bet you'd take pride in that if it was actually true).

Such a logical leap of absurdity is one I'm thankfully unable to make as, I have posited, to "understand" the demon/devil may well be to become it/him. Thus, by the grace of the almighty, I am literally incapable of parsing your "logic" as it were.

Oh I can, in a hypothetical sense, but not in that "visceral" sense I made mention to in my relevant responses. I can "understand" Satan in a sense, but I cannot ever truly "get" Satan if ya catch my meaning. Can you truly "get" the likes of me? An ILI who is fervently religious? Who sees the deniers of Christ as hopelessly misguided at best and demonically obsessed/possessed at worst? Can you even cross yourself if even mockingly? I am curious. After all, my faith is only rivaled in fervency by my bottomless desire for hard data relevant to my many and myriad hypothesis regarding the truths of this reality
    Last edited by End; 03-15-2021 at 06:57 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Can you truly "get" the likes of me? An ILI who is fervently religious? Who sees the deniers of Christ as hopelessly misguided at best and demonically obsessed/possessed at worst?
    ILIs who've drunk too deeply from Ni aren't particularly rare. Ne is the one that a reputation for weirdness but I don't know any Ne people who've gone so completely off the rails as Ni people.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    ILIs who've drunk too deeply from Ni aren't particularly rare. Ne is the one that a reputation for weirdness but I don't know any Ne people who've gone so completely off the rails as Ni people.
    Hm, depends. I'm positive my mom is LSE, so Ni PoLR, and she is the most batshit off the rail I've seen. I think any type can fly off the edge, but might very well end up looking Ni.
    I know my mom would look ILI superficialy. She would likely looooove being Ni, it would flatter her.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    Hm, depends. I'm positive my mom is LSE, so Ni PoLR, and she is the most batshit off the rail I've seen. I think any type can fly off the edge, but might very well end up looking Ni.
    I know my mom would look ILI superficialy. She would likely looooove being Ni, it would flatter her.
    Awe. I haven't seen an off-the-rails LSE. Of course they exist, as it exists in every type. Personally all the LSEs I know are stable. Do you know in what way she is unstable, like, Narcissism?
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    I could go to town on your whole post but this final line of yours really spells it out for me. Lucifer truly is your brother from another mother (and I bet you'd take pride in that if it was actually true).

Such a logical leap of absurdity is one I'm thankfully unable to make as, I have posited, to "understand" the demon/devil may well be to become it/him. Thus, by the grace of the almighty, I am literally incapable of parsing your "logic" as it were.

Oh I can, in a hypothetical sense, but not in that "visceral" sense I made mention to in my relevant responses. I can "understand" Satan in a sense, but I cannot ever truly "get" Satan if ya catch my meaning. Can you truly "get" the likes of me? An ILI who is fervently religious? Who sees the deniers of Christ as hopelessly misguided at best and demonically obsessed/possessed at worst? Can you even cross yourself if even mockingly? I am curious. After all, my faith is only rivaled in fervency by my bottomless desire for hard data relevant to my many and myriad hypothesis regarding the truths of this reality
    You think that allowing evil to happen is not evil, but you cannot explain why "Lucifer" is evil.

I don't deny Christ. I just have not been shown sufficient evidence.

Why don't you define "Christ" first, and provide evidence for those properties?