TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Yeah, ideal.

The most diseased subspecie of logic ever, it's optimism.

The requirement that faith be absolute completely disables the "But what if we're wrong?" voice that screams out in your head for a very good reason, and before you know it, generations have passed, over which adherence has dealt more and more damage to the world.

You know, I have a backup scenario for if it really does turn out your God is real. If he exists, then judging by the way I turned out, he obviously created me as a monster without a soul, or a demon or some shit, so my ass is going to hell no matter what, lol. In which case, I have nothing to be anxious about, since I have my whole life to prepare for the eternal agony of hell, and since nothing I do can prevent it, none of my choices matter. I don't have to worry - it's my destiny.

The less charitable reality for me is the one where he doesn't exist, because in that world, proper causality is in effect, our choices actually matter, and that demon of Choice gives us wrong-choices to agonize over. What if this crueller godless world really is the one we live in, huh? What if you don't actually have that bulwark of faith to back you up, and humanity really does have to deal with the consequences of that bad genetic practice? What then?
    Sadly you have fallen to demonic logic. This can be but a temporary thing for you hopefully. As I've pointed out time and again many a true saint started and indeed lived most of their lives as beings seeming bound for deepest depths of hell. Yet either upon their death beds or by some strange twist of fate they became the greatest exemplars of the faith. Easiest case in point? Saint Paul. The most zealous, ardent, and downright effective persecutor of Christains became such a great evangelist that none have matched his work in that field since.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    No because i don't wonder that.
    :
    The truth has no need to appeal to those who belong to the world. Either they see the truth and accept it, or they do not. Fun anecdote: The band "Stryper" got its name from a rather forced acronym. Mr. Sweet, however, had the right idea. You can either accept it or reject it. Those who accept will be saved. Those who reject will not by their own choice. I am quite thankful that I find the latter option literally and utterly incomprehensible...
    Last edited by End; 02-17-2021 at 12:14 PM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Sadly you have fallen to demonic logic. This can be but a temporary thing for you hopefully. As I've pointed out time and again many a true saint started and indeed lived most of their lives as beings seeming bound for deepest depths of hell. Yet either upon their death beds or by some strange twist of fate they became the greatest exemplars of the faith. Easiest case in point? Saint Paul. The most zealous, ardent, and downright effective persecutor of Christains became such a great evangelist that none have matched his work in that field since.

:
    The truth has no need to appeal to those who belong to the world. Either they see the truth and accept it, or they do not. Fun anecdote: The band "Stryper" got its name from a rather forced acronym. Mr. Sweet, however, had the right idea. You can either accept it or reject it. Those who accept will be saved. Those who reject will not by their own choice. I am quite thankful that I find the latter option literally and utterly incomprehensible...
    People do not choose what they believe.