Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
In an ideal world the "corrupted stock" would repent and realize their ultimate role in God's plan. Again, I chose/see Saint Augustine as my Patron for many a darn good reason.

The man sinned, hard and unrepentantly, right up until he stopped. I mean listen to the arrogance of this mofo: "Lord give me chastity, but not yet" is his most famous quote. He sinned unrepentantly right up until he did not, became a monk, and survived the fall of Rome because the friggin' Vandals respected the kind of man/believer he became. Literal Vandals decided to not chuck rocks at, pillage, or firebomb what amounted to his private library/abode/village out of respect.

Parse that shit through your downright mistaken perception of Christ and those who follow him.
Yeah, ideal.

The most diseased subspecie of logic ever, it's optimism.

The requirement that faith be absolute completely disables the "But what if we're wrong?" voice that screams out in your head for a very good reason, and before you know it, generations have passed, over which adherence has dealt more and more damage to the world.

You know, I have a backup scenario for if it really does turn out your God is real. If he exists, then judging by the way I turned out, he obviously created me as a monster without a soul, or a demon or some shit, so my ass is going to hell no matter what, lol. In which case, I have nothing to be anxious about, since I have my whole life to prepare for the eternal agony of hell, and since nothing I do can prevent it, none of my choices matter. I don't have to worry - it's my destiny.

The less charitable reality for me is the one where he doesn't exist, because in that world, proper causality is in effect, our choices actually matter, and that demon of Choice gives us wrong-choices to agonize over. What if this crueller godless world really is the one we live in, huh? What if you don't actually have that bulwark of faith to back you up, and humanity really does have to deal with the consequences of that bad genetic practice? What then?