Thread: Have you noticed duality to be more common between some types?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeliMeat View Post
    An LIE friend of mine was once talking to an ESI girl.
    LIE was being a jokester and honestly a bit of an ass, but he certainly didn’t intend to be mean or unpleasant. He said something Fi-related that rubbed the ESI girl’s Fi the wrong way and she immediately made up her mind that she didn’t like him. My LIE friend felt a little betrayed because he thought the group was open to a bit of banter. That was their first interaction, but they immediately decided they did not like each other.

I think Fi types, at least the rationals if anything, are a bit more prone to this overly stubborn Fi-ness than they would like to admit. Maybe they dualize less often because of this.

I know it’s the opposite of the question, but I still think it’s relevant.
    I think something similar happened to me when I first started posting on this forum. I quickly discovered that I was either irritating or outright pissing off every one of the ESIs here. I wasn't trying, but I was pretty effective at it.

It might have happened because they took offense before they could see any Te value in me, and then that was that. Alternately, I just might have been being a total asshole; I don't remember all that well what, exactly, I said.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I think something similar happened to me when I first started posting on this forum. I quickly discovered that I was either irritating or outright pissing off every one of the ESIs here. I wasn't trying, but I was pretty effective at it.

It might have happened because they took offense before they could see any Te value in me, and then that was that. Alternately, I just might have been being a total asshole; I don't remember all that well what, exactly, I said.
    The only thing one can do in these situations is to make an appeal to the Fi-dom. LIE/LSE all too often accept their dual's judgments as final and play off of that even when it is negative and about them, and that is precisely where LIE/LSE fuck up. They decide they must dislike the ESI/EII right back and never challenge that. If you don't try to appeal to them and change their mind, to show that you actually like them and you are worth liking back, then they will have no reason to assume they were wrong about you. That is how it works; demonstrate loyalty, or prove disloyal. Making the appeal even plays into the romance styles victim/aggressor and caring/childlike.

But no, my LIE friend assumed that they just could not like each other and thus never tried to talk to her again. I mean, it's true, Fi-doms can be some real unforgiving bitches who should learn what second chances are; but come on, if you leave things as they are their opinions certainly won't change, so you gotta put that effort in. You may come out feeling dumb and cheated for going back and getting rejected again, but my LIE friend never tries. He lets himself be pushed around by Fi, even his own.

And again, Fi-doms should be more generous with extra chances.

At least that is what I make of my observations. Maybe my views on Fi here are too IEI-esque to be relevant, lol.