Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clarifying Ni PoLR

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Another thing is because we have relatively calm moods and can deal with them, we are less likely to depend on drugs or alcohol.

Yeah. I was just thinking of how often I got 'You're always in a calm mood. It creeps me out' from other people and how I wouldn't get worked up about the same things they did but also at the same time I had these own weird personal anxieties that they found 'victimy' and weird and accused me of "acting" when I wasn't really...

and know exactly what u mean about Ni polrs being susceptible to alcohol and drugs. It's kind of sad. I have to supervise and overly babysit ESEs from not taking too much of stuff a lot of the time. =/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni being literally related to time (hours, seconds, minutes) is silly to me. It's not literally about clock type time/punctuality. It's about zooming out and looking out at things from an over time perspective (history to the present and beyond) and focusing on that, as opposed to Si which is zoomed in and focused on what's tangibly going on in front of you.

Some people say ESEs and LSEs are anxious about the future, but I disagree. Their weakness is not the nervousness about the future, it's just that they refuse to pay attention to the grand scheme of things, and they can't see repeated patterns of things throughout time. LSEs and ESEs are actually encouraged by the notion that "anything can happen".

ESIs on the other hand are the ones that are paranoid about the future because they have a weak sense of the external potentials/possibilities of things outside of their own views of how they personally see things going. LSI aren't so much paranoid about the future as they are just ignorant of the fact that things can play out differently than the path they have set in their mind.
    Last edited by spaceynyc; 02-24-2021 at 02:23 PM.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I know one person who literally gets absorbed into games. It is actually problematic for her to the point where she has to have rules on when she can play these games. That could be Ni PoLR, however I doubt it. If so, I know what Sherlock looks like, but I doubt it.

But yeah, my mother is likely actually Ni polr instead of the person above, so how that works is that things I understand and find normal, like the guy who randomly pulled out in front of her, she gets really scary mad at. It can be surreal and kafkaesque me being in the car with her attempting to calm her down by saying it's nothing unusual/don't worry, while she tells me you have to be careful about stuff like this. Singing to the choir, that's why I drive as little as possible. Telling the prepared to be prepared is pointless.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12