Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I was officially typed VELF but idk if physics is low just because I'm an EIE

So I always hold out a suspicion that I am VEFL.

IDK.
    It's more your attitude towards the area of life than how strong it is, although there's some correlation I think. Where you have the most insecurity, potential envy, lack of confidence (or needing to prove yourself), and desire for sensitively attuned attention and care is the 3rd attitude.

L is also about opinions, so 4L is generally pretty open to others' opinions but not too concerned about having solid opinions of one's own and not as self conscious about them as 3L.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aria View Post
    It's more your attitude towards the area of life than how strong it is, although there's some correlation I think. Where you have the most insecurity, potential envy, lack of confidence (or needing to prove yourself), and desire for sensitively attuned attention and care is the 3rd attitude.

L is also about opinions, so 4L is generally pretty open to others' opinions but not too concerned about having solid opinions of one's own and not as self conscious about them as 3L.

Hmm I kind of relate to being more open to other opinions rather than having my own, but what kind of opinions would these be? I can be strongly opinionated but I can change it very quickly at the same time.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I kind of relate to being more open to other opinions rather than having my own, but what kind of opinions would these be? I can be strongly opinionated but I can change it very quickly at the same time.
    Right. "Opinions" could be misleading. Maybe think more about how much ownership you take over truth, details, facts, coming up with logical systems and proving those systems. 4L doesn't concern itself too much with doing the heavy lifting in those areas but is happy to listen to and adopt the view of someone who is confident in this area, as long as the person makes sense to them. But yes, could easily change their view when presented with calculations and proofs that seem better.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right. "Opinions" could be misleading. Maybe think more about how much ownership you take over truth, details, facts, coming up with logical systems and proving those systems. 4L doesn't concern itself too much with doing the heavy lifting in those areas but is happy to listen to and adopt the view of someone who is confident in this area, as long as the person makes sense to them. But yes, could easily change their view when presented with calculations and proofs that seem better.

Hmm 4L sounds more like me. So in terms of accepting new "L" information a 3L would be insecure in doing this and what to criticize it more?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm 4L sounds more like me. So in terms of accepting new "L" information a 3L would be insecure in doing this and what to criticize it more?
    Exactly, 3L are somewhat known as Skeptics. And they can fear looking dumb or unprepared if their systems/logic are questioned, even if they're intelligent people.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, 3L are somewhat known as Skeptics. And they can fear looking dumb or unprepared if their systems/logic are questioned, even if they're intelligent people.
    Now I'm really sure that I'm 3L
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some people it might be easier to identify the Process functions (2 and 3) first than Results. It's easier to identify which attitudes you like to engage others about.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I can be strongly opinionated but I can change it very quickly at the same time"

Process logic, 2L or 4L. 4Ls can have a tendency towards following gurus or leaders and deriving their ideas directly from them in pure form, reading something and automatically making it his position without judging it previously (that is if it doesn't conflict with the main source of authority they choose for any reason) if you relate then it's definite right?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    "I can be strongly opinionated but I can change it very quickly at the same time"

Process logic, 2L or 4L. 4Ls can have a tendency towards following gurus or leaders and deriving their ideas directly from them in pure form, reading something and automatically making it his position without judging it previously (that is if it doesn't conflict with the main source of authority they choose for any reason) if you relate then it's definite right?

Idk, I'm going to have to think about that.