Hybrid View

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    2L stands out, and based on those results E would not be unconscious. Where do the other tests, particularly bestsocionics, place your physics?

I suspect one of my friends has 1F. If I'm correct, these people just *do*what works for them in terms of exercise routines and the cut of clothing they suit best (quick examples). What works for them does not have to be polished, it is more about adherence. They are pretty self assured/unhesitant in this area and can provide advice if prompted, but what you do is not their prerogative.

Do certain habits relating to the "material" centre you, or do you view these as burdensome; keeping you from fields you'd rather spend your time on?
    -Where do the other tests, particularly bestsocionics, place your physics?

20210313_232503.jpg

20210313_232442.jpg

-Do certain habits relating to the "material" centre you, or do you view these as burdensome; keeping you from fields you'd rather spend your time on?

If meaning routines like shaving, toothbrushing, going to the hairdresser... then it's very burdensome. I might shave or go to the hairdresser from half a year to half a year (this is partly because I don't like to spend money or time there when I don't need to have short hair). In fact I've been trying haircuts with the specific goal of having one that looks decent when it grows more so I can go far less.
    If meaning taking care of the house, usually something or someone needs to force me to do it.
    If meaning physical labor, I can enjoy some forms of hard physical work specially when it's a little bit varied. Monotonous or detailed physical work is not for me. Even if that detailed work were to be far less hard I would vastly prefer the hard, general and varied work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
    Your results are
    similar to mine. High 2L, At first I thought it wouldn't be possible to be 1F as ILE so I thought perhaps I was LFEV or something. But then as I read more descriptions and thought about it carefully I realized that my F is very result-oriented meanwhile my L is more democratic. So 1F and 2L made better sense.
    My scores were pretty strange though, my highlighted numbers were 2L, 2V, 2F and 4E. But in terms of highest possible number for each position, 1F was the largest at 0.6 or 0.7, (1L was 0.3 perhaps), 2L was >0.9, and then 3E was greater than 3V and 4E also slightly greater than 4V. I opted for 3E and 4V based on descriptions.

The best way to type imo is to think in terms of process vs result. Which are your two strongest functions? Are they process oriented (do them for their own sake, fun, etc.) or results oriented (do them for results, then leave them aside)?
    Repeat this process with your two weakest functions. It's a lot harder since you don't use them as much but you can notice the difference between process and results. The third function is kind of a background function which is very receptive to information about the function albeit incompetent at applying the function effectively. So 3F is very physically perceptive, 3L is logically perceptive, etc. Meanwhile the fourth function is more like a switch that you turn on and off. It turns off automatically in times of stress.

Something funny is that since the 1st and 4th function are both result oriented then they look quite similar. Especially 1L and 4L and 1E and 4E, which are exclusively verbal/emotional so there's no physical or 'attitude' difference that you see between 1F/4F and 1V/4V. So in order to differentiate the 1st and 4th function a good way to see it is in terms of stress: When people are stressed, they overuse the 1st function and shut down the 4th. So in your case you could figure out if you indulge your senses or start thinking a lot when stressed. I thought it was odd how I could be a 1F as an ILE with 1D Si and then I noticed that I eat a lot/exercise/etc. to relieve stress and so it all made sense lol.

The LIE equivalent in PY is probably VLEF. It wouldn't be weird if you were FLEV since they're in the same sexta.
    -When people are stressed, they overuse the 1st function and shut down the 4th. So in your case you could figure out if you indulge your senses or start thinking a lot when stressed.

It's quite hard for me to realize my own emotional states, although sometimes something is bugging me (which might be one of the reasons for insomnia) and my head goes on and around thinking about the same problem, and then forget or try to not remember it or think about it.
    I say this because I cannot recognize or remember moments of stress, and I cannot correlate what actions could be due to stress right now. I have a low EQ in these things.
    The times I have been hugely stressed I can recognize. These times I have reacted poorly to it, I tend to think worse, act more dumb and be harsher under stress. Do not take what I say for reacting violently, it's almost impossible to make me react with violence, I rather back up from anything (If I back up from something while knowing I am right because of circunstances, or because of tying to avoid a worse situation, the common thing for me is to get very angry inside).
    The few times I've done sports have been under a very calm mood, unstressed. When stressed the last thing I can think of is excersize.

I might overeat if I get too bored, I have a liking for some aesthethic configurations, and I have a fairly "decent" dressing style.
    Last edited by RBRS; 03-13-2021 at 11:36 PM.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Frddy what do you appreciate someone to do for you when you're stressed, like what would strike you as being not only thoughtful but genuinely helpful?

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    @Frddy what do you appreciate someone to do for you when you're stressed, like what would strike you as being not only thoughtful but genuinely helpful?
    That's a tough question. I imagine the best thing might be to leave it be and leaving me to deal with it, taking attention towards something different or simply trying to not be an obstacle to things.

As I've said I tend to react poorly, and being very insistent on it(for example, trying to "help" by being invasive, or asking me what happens too many times after I have already explained) can result in me throwing out words that can be harsh, and start a discussion which only makes it all slower to process. It might make things easier to explain that this "dealing with it" is usually done inside, without external expression or acts out of place.
    Last edited by RBRS; 03-14-2021 at 12:31 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frddy View Post

-Do certain habits relating to the "material" centre you, or do you view these as burdensome; keeping you from fields you'd rather spend your time on?

If meaning routines like shaving, toothbrushing, going to the hairdresser... then it's very burdensome. I might shave or go to the hairdresser from half a year to half a year (this is partly because I don't like to spend money or time there when I don't need to have short hair). In fact I've been trying haircuts with the specific goal of having one that looks decent when it grows more so I can go far less.
    If meaning taking care of the house, usually something or someone needs to force me to do it.
    If meaning physical labor, I can enjoy some forms of hard physical work specially when it's a little bit varied. Monotonous or detailed physical work is not for me. Even if that detailed work were to be far less hard I would vastly prefer the hard, general and varied work.

-When people are stressed, they overuse the 1st function and shut down the 4th. So in your case you could figure out if you indulge your senses or start thinking a lot when stressed.

It's quite hard for me to realize my own emotional states, although sometimes something is bugging me (which might be one of the reasons for insomnia) and my head goes on and around thinking about the same problem, and then forget or try to not remember it or think about it.
    I say this because I cannot recognize or remember moments of stress, and I cannot correlate what actions could be due to stress right now. I have a low EQ in these things.
    The times I have been hugely stressed I can recognize. These times I have reacted poorly to it, I tend to think worse, act more dumb and be harsher under stress. Do not take what I say for reacting violently, it's almost impossible to make me react with violence, I rather back up from anything (If I back up from something while knowing I am right because of circunstances, or because of tying to avoid a worse situation, the common thing for me is to get very angry inside).
    The few times I've done sports have been under a very calm mood, unstressed. When stressed the last thing I can think of is excersize.

I might overeat if I get too bored, I have a liking for some aesthethic configurations, and I have a fairly "decent" dressing style.
    Just adding my thoughts before they disappear again.

I know the test didn't say so, but how you go about physics (acceptably, decently) does not rule out 4F - in my mind. The specific haircut goal made me smile because it is something I relate to; wanting to economise or be minimal in certain areas, so I don't have to keep tabs on their upkeep...how this manifests in me is that I don't devote time to beauty regime - I use three non irritating products, sunscreen included, and the aim is to look tidy enough that people leave me be.

Returning to 1F, there is heightened awareness of the need to periodically stretch legs, to simply move. Staying curled over a laptop in a dark room is out of the question and they will feel the urge to go for a run for their own good, may even say things like "I need to sweat". Knowingness that the exertion will facilitate a good mood F>E. 1F types will not mind receiving compliments on their physique, which is a source of pride and pleasure. I'll guess that 4F types may find such evaluations uncomfortable (or wish to be complimented on other aspects of themselves).

Anyway, it got me wondering whether you are closer to VLEF than FVLE.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just adding my thoughts before they disappear again.

I know the test didn't say so, but how you go about physics (acceptably, decently) does not rule out 4F - in my mind. The specific haircut goal made me smile because it is something I relate to; wanting to economise or be minimal in certain areas, so I don't have to keep tabs on their upkeep...how this manifests in me is that I don't devote time to beauty regime - I use three non irritating products, sunscreen included, and the aim is to look tidy enough that people leave me be.

Returning to 1F, there is heightened awareness of the need to periodically stretch legs, to simply move. Staying curled over a laptop in a dark room is out of the question and they will feel the urge to go for a run for their own good, may even say things like "I need to sweat". Knowingness that the exertion will facilitate a good mood F>E. 1F types will not mind receiving compliments on their physique, which is a source of pride and pleasure. I'll guess that 4F types may find such evaluations uncomfortable (or wish to be complimented on other aspects of themselves).

Anyway, it got me wondering whether you are closer to VLEF than FVLE.
    -Returning to 1F, there is heightened awareness of the need to periodically stretch legs, to simply move. Staying curled over a laptop in a dark room is out of the question and they will feel the urge to go for a run for their own good, may even say things like "I need to sweat". Knowingness that the exertion will facilitate a good mood F>E.

Two years ago I have had my bed on the floor without a bed base, and had no problem with it (My girlfriend even commented that my room looked like a prison cell or something), I can live pretty good like that. About going out or anything, I only get out of my house if I need to (Work, doing burocratic paperwork, etc) and to pick up my partner, so no, I do not identify much with what you wrote.

-
    1F types will not mind receiving compliments on their physique, which is a source of pride and pleasure. I'll guess that 4F types may find such evaluations uncomfortable (or wish to be complimented on other aspects of themselves).

I relate a lot to that last phrase, In fact I can tolerate such comments if they come from very close people, if not I don't like it at all.

Anyways, either I don't have the correct sources, or 1V is unlikely.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Returning to 1F, there is heightened awareness of the need to periodically stretch legs, to simply move. Staying curled over a laptop in a dark room is out of the question and they will feel the urge to go for a run for their own good, may even say things like "I need to sweat". Knowingness that the exertion will facilitate a good mood F>E.
    I can play video games 18 hours non stop or sit through grueling hour long raids. I can read books for days only stopping to sleep or binge watch something for days. Sometimes I work from dusk to dawn and forgo sleep and food. I slept on the floor for 3 years as an experiment. Did water fast for 7 days as an experiment. Can put creature-comforts aside to get something done no problem. IF I have some kind of medical issue I fix it asap. When I had to get operated didn't really hesitate to get a proper diagnostic at a reputable private clinic, to find a competent surgeon and willingly walked into the operating room. Stuff like that. I like getting shit done, feels good.

Lol I can eat the same food every day for months as long as it logically meets nutritional requirements.

1F types will not mind receiving compliments on their physique, which is a source of pride and pleasure. I'll guess that 4F types may find such evaluations uncomfortable (or wish to be complimented on other aspects of themselves).
    Compliments are embarrassing in general tbh. I never know how to react. Especially if they come from a stranger... literal "WTF" moment for me. Can't tell if genuine or just messing with me.

1F (FLEV)
    Last edited by SGF; 03-15-2021 at 12:30 PM.