Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    There may be something to that - if 3L were to flit between sources that contradict each other, for example.
    Poor understanding of what is inconsistent, and what could be discarded

3L is hungry for knowledge but so scattered going about it. Dialogue with 2L or 1L (who confidently verify sources and structure their reasoning) brings assurance.
    By theory a dialogue between 1L and 3L is not going to go well for the 3L. I have similar experiences with 1E ppl.. can't get away fast enough. 1Ls are kinda like "I know better than you do, its pointless to even argue!" :

"As you know, the owners of productive logics do not tend to enter into long discussions and prove anything (by the way, for this reason, one productive logic can be easily mistaken for another - in particular, 1L may seem like 4L). Since the carriers of these logics are valuable not in thought itself, but in knowledge, they no longer rely on their own conclusions, but on information obtained on the basis of their experience or provided by some professional in their field.

In our case, for the carrier of 1L in any dispute, the typical answer will be that he does not have his own opinion on the issue under consideration, since he is incompetent in the area concerned. If the owner of the First Logic believes that he is sufficiently versed in the topic, then he will present his opinion not as a subjective vision, but as an indisputable fact that does not require special evidence. As a result, any dispute with 1L is doomed to never start, or, once it has begun, it ends immediately."

Source: https://bestsocionics.com/psychosophy/first-logics/

q_q where is the fun in that tho?

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a side note I may be 1E

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    I feel so deflated when these so-called 1Ls won't entertain my curiosity because they're closed off to speculation on a topic.
    They're playing things too safe, guarding their credibility... or is my interest perverse or intrusive somehow.

As a side note I may be 1E
    I'm leaning towards 1L for myself. The forer effect got to me I think when first reading descriptions, still considering tho, so take this pillar of salt to go with what follows: You know that interchange we had regarding Ne and openness? Yeah, I deleted my lecture I started to post, and just gave you information you could decide on for yourself instead. The way I look at it, you can assuage your own curiosity by looking for yourself. Like when I told you about Need for Cognition. If someone had mentioned that to me, I'd be off looking up all kinds of information on it. From my perspective, you looked closed, but I figured it was just a defensive reaction, and I didn't want to push. People tell me that I come across as attacking their ideas when that's not my intention at all. So, I find it's better sometimes just to drop the info and let them sort it out themselves. On the other hand, when someone asks me to explain something for them, I'm more than willing to do that. Dunno if my perspective helps here or not, but thought I'd add it anyway in case.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    I'm leaning towards 1L for myself. The forer effect got to me I think when first reading descriptions, still considering tho, so take this pillar of salt to go with what follows: You know that interchange we had regarding Ne and openness? Yeah, I deleted my lecture I started to post, and just gave you information you could decide on for yourself instead. The way I look at it, you can assuage your own curiosity by looking for yourself. Like when I told you about Need for Cognition. If someone had mentioned that to me, I'd be off looking up all kinds of information on it. From my perspective, you looked closed, but I figured it was just a defensive reaction, and I didn't want to push. People tell me that I come across as attacking their ideas when that's not my intention at all. So, I find it's better sometimes just to drop the info and let them sort it out themselves. On the other hand, when someone asks me to explain something for them, I'm more than willing to do that. Dunno if my perspective helps here or not, but thought I'd add it anyway in case.
    I don't really understand this 1L lack of openness. If something is not true it is not true. Eh. I tend to be more puncturing than just spewing things out in the wilderness which I practice on my own. Like it is said 1# is the egocentric position. Someone said something about the frequency and units and then I mentioned that time units are almost always universally applied here on Earth so when it comes to 1/s or 1/h etc probably does not matter in this case. I usually make sure it works in the end. It is bit funny though because to me it is like chasing my own tail. 3# is the most closed off because usually it denies allocentric and egocentric presentations with compensation.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Diaper 007 View Post
    I don't really understand this 1L lack of openness. If something is not true it is not true. Eh. I tend to be more puncturing than just spewing things out in the wilderness which I practice on my own. Like it is said 1# is the egocentric position. Someone said something about the frequency and units and then I mentioned that time units are almost always universally applied here on Earth so when it comes to 1/s or 1/h etc probably does not matter in this case. I usually make sure it works in the end. It is bit funny though because to me it is like chasing my own tail. 3# is the most closed off because usually it denies allocentric and egocentric presentations with compensation.
    I think it's the frequent attitude of (some) 1L that they always know what's true that bothers me. Not the idea that there IS truth.

Like if there is truth to be found, they know it and others aren't on their level yet. Even when they're clearly wrong (or don't have enough information to pass judgment) they can have this attitude.