Threaded View

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frddy View Post
    I have a few takes, and some functions that I am pretty sure about. Second logic for example, by all descriptions fits me like a glove, both third will and third emotion fit but I think third will fits far more, etc.

Third Will is not specially conflict avoidant, I'll copy a description from the very same page I've linked:

"The Third Will is a difficult third function to understand, since its problems cover all spheres of life. 3V is the person who "doesn't understand what he wants." He has many ambitions and many doubts about himself. They seem to be reserved to outsiders. At the same time, they react sharply to lacks of respect, ignorance on him, and take offense when another does not find a reason for.

Having gotten to know 3V better, you definitely run into his complexes: Complaining "I'm a void, a loser, I won't achieve anything in my life" is the norm for the Third Testament. He seem to find more and more reasons for self-loathing. However, if the situation becomes critical, 3V suddenly takes voluntary actions that change his life, invariably surprising others. At the right time, 3V knows how to recover. These people are responsible, which is explained by two reasons: they are collectivists and are concerned about a common cause; They are afraid of disappointing others and meeting disapproval.

Understanding the complexities of the social hierarchy is a constant aspiration of 3V. They strive to realize and improve their status in society, while at the same time evaluating other people in terms of their place on the social scale. 3Vs often have trouble with their sense of humor. It is difficult for them to laugh at themselves, but they love cruel jokes that humiliate people; this, again, is associated with the hierarchical consciousness of this function.

It is common for the Third Will to defend its social status in any way, even with the help of lies and simulations. They use "show off", trying to show themselves better than they really are. His motto is "it is better to appear than to be" (as opposed to 1V, for example). At the same time, 3V has a good understanding of the torment of others over status and tries not to hurt other people's pride".
    More to ponder, and confirms I'm not 3V. The third and fourth can be tricky, yes? Both are rather weak.

What's interesting is I know an ILI who seems to be 3V. I say interesting because I wouldn't think ILIs in general are too concerned about social hierarchy or being "collectivists" (at least not from a socionics quadra perspective), but this sort of explains why was so career focused. The hierarchy thing is Te-focused rather than about Fe influence.

I think he's always dreamed of being an entrepreneur but his father is a "failed" one, so he chose to climb the corporate ladder. What's surprising is he's done amazingly well for himself in a material sense but I think there is still a basic insecurity as well as that untapped desire to explore the adventure of entrepreneurship. I think he has fear around truly going off on his own. Or maybe there's not as much social gratification/proving one's self when you aren't connected to a corporation? He's also been poor before so I think he fears going back to that if he were to actually strike out on his own.

It's like he wants the safety and affirmation of being connected to a large corporation, but simultaneously dislikes the paranoia of dealing with people and proving himself.
    Last edited by Aria; 02-08-2021 at 09:10 PM.