Threaded View

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Okay yes, I can rule out 1V since I don't steamroll people. From your example it sounds like 3V avoids direct conflict, which I sometimes do, but maybe that's also a 1E thing? I know what I want but I don't impose it or limit what other people want. I like to ask people what they want so it feels equal, which seems 2V like you said.

The page on First Emotion with Third Logic is eerily accurate:

The main feature of these types is exceptional curiosity, a child's direct view of the world, openness to new things.
    Both Ghazali and Bukharin have an adapting Will, which leads to a lesser degree of conflict in discussions and disputes, in comparison with the first-willed Third Logicians.

and...

They are very caring, but at the same time strive for independence and do not like to be manipulated using their natural responsiveness. Ghazali and Bukharin are very pleasant in communication and unobtrusive, they are characterized by ease in relationships. In other people, they value intelligence and reliability first.

Was thinking I couldn't be 1E because I'm aware of the emotions of others and some of the descriptions of 1E make it sound like 1Es are histrionic and oblivious to other people's feelings. But the EVLF description is actually ringing true.

Anyway, thanks. Was hoping somebody would have some good insights. Do you know your type?
    I have a few takes, and some functions that I am pretty sure about. Second logic for example, by all descriptions fits me like a glove, both third will and third emotion fit but I think third will fits far more, etc.

Third Will is not specially conflict avoidant, I'll copy a description from the very same page I've linked:

"The Third Will is a difficult third function to understand, since its problems cover all spheres of life. 3V is the person who "doesn't understand what he wants." He has many ambitions and many doubts about himself. They seem to be reserved to outsiders. At the same time, they react sharply to lacks of respect, ignorance on him, and take offense when another does not find a reason for.

Having gotten to know 3V better, you definitely run into his complexes: Complaining "I'm a void, a loser, I won't achieve anything in my life" is the norm for the Third Testament. He seem to find more and more reasons for self-loathing. However, if the situation becomes critical, 3V suddenly takes voluntary actions that change his life, invariably surprising others. At the right time, 3V knows how to recover. These people are responsible, which is explained by two reasons: they are collectivists and are concerned about a common cause; They are afraid of disappointing others and meeting disapproval.

Understanding the complexities of the social hierarchy is a constant aspiration of 3V. They strive to realize and improve their status in society, while at the same time evaluating other people in terms of their place on the social scale. 3Vs often have trouble with their sense of humor. It is difficult for them to laugh at themselves, but they love cruel jokes that humiliate people; this, again, is associated with the hierarchical consciousness of this function.

It is common for the Third Will to defend its social status in any way, even with the help of lies and simulations. They use "show off", trying to show themselves better than they really are. His motto is "it is better to appear than to be" (as opposed to 1V, for example). At the same time, 3V has a good understanding of the torment of others over status and tries not to hurt other people's pride".
    Last edited by RBRS; 02-08-2021 at 12:41 PM.