Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
So I looked around and maybe you're right. But this all seems kind of stupid then if people are hurting themselves to hurt others. I guess I'm skeptical that that's what's going on. I bet the reddit WSB aren't representative of the majority and most of them were looking to profit off the short-sellers and not screw themselves over too, but I don't know, that's a guess, maybe you're right.
Very often, people will sacrifice their own good in order to punish someone who is not treating them right. This is well-documented in game theory.
My mother created a very unhealthy environment for her kids, where we were expected to compete with each other for her affections. I was the oldest and endured this the longest, but I also had no healthy points of reference to understand that what I was being encouraged to do was wrong. I'd hit my younger sister when she's break my toys, and she was too little to hit back effectively. But because our mother had a monopoly on violence (she hit us all the time), my little sister would arrange to hit me first out of her sight, and then she'd be sure to be where our mother could see me hitting her back. Our mother would then beat the daylights out of me, while my sister, nursing a bruised arm, would be laughing at me.

I found this pretty interesting. The guy the movie Wolf of Wallstreet was based on says what WSBs is doing is similar to what he used to do - https://news.sky.com/video/gamestop-...chaos-12203886. So apparently this is illegal, despite the fact that stocks don't really have any inherent value other than what people are willing to buy and sell for.
Absolutely not true. Stocks have intrinsic value in the sense that they can either yield dividends or can be sold for real cash. Stocks are not like a poem.
Maybe you mean that they are not like food or oxygen, but just because they, like all things, derive value from what you can get from them and how much you value what you can get, you could say that in that sense, their value is relative.

God, the more I learn about finance, the more sketchy it all seems. It's feeling more and more like owning real property and renting is the best way to make money; but I have moral objections to the way people overcharge on rent. I think if I go that route, I'd be more selective about who I rent to and how much I'm charging them based on their finances and not the market. And I'd probably add a stipulation that they have to do yard work or something for the lower price and be okay with me possibly sleeping at the house during work days. But I know sometimes that's untenable when property taxes or maintenance costs are too high.
Really, if this is your attitude, don't rent. You will inevitably lose money.

Sometimes I just wish I could cryofreeze myself and awake thousands of years from now to hopefully a human race advanced away from all this petty shit or convert my flesh into an AI that I can backup, modify, and reproduce at will. Then I wouldn't have to be constrained with all this depressing society that humans create for each other. It's old and boring always thinking about and worrying about money. I wish people could just be happy (including myself), but I know that's a complicated thing in the end.
The Ni is clear, but the Te is absent. Are you IEI?