Thread: The videos I sent off for my typing assesment, curious to hear other people's thoughts

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    It's fair to say people are using it as a reference point. If I didn't know about G's typing, but had seen her videos, I would have more likely said EIE-Ni. At least I think I would have - it's hard to tell in retrospect - but does it really matter?
    Sociotypes are a human invention. If they don't make your life better in one way or another, maybe even subjectively, then what are they good for?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Sociotypes are a human invention.
    Jung types are hypothetically _objective_ psyche trait.
    The correct knowledge about the reality you may take into account, what gives more possibility on better actions, or do not take.

> If they don't make your life better in one way or another

Then either the knowledge is incorrect (while there are more signes it's correct)
    or you may to think and train better to get the use from this knowledge.

Also
    Jung types should help to take into account one of important psyche compatibility traits useful to make long pairs. This needs good enough typing skills, as people do many typing mistakes. Without such skills it's possibly to do a harm by a mistyping with significant chance.
    There is indirect usefulness of Socionics - to point on the importance of personal sympathy and friendship feelings to choose your pair. Many people underesteemate soul attraction and positive emotional influence, what leads to short, surface and not good long relations.
    It's partly possibly to evaluate friendship abbility directly without Jung types. To take into account Jung types is T approach, while there are 3 else functions. Jung types is not anything important for the compatibility and so general evaluation by other functions and logical processing of other factors is important too.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Sociotypes are a human invention.
    No, they aren't. But one thing is certain: on this forum, sociotypes iare merely social constructs, and as such, indeed human inventions that have hardly anything to do with the reality of Socionics.

And with these words I bid you all farewell and wish you all the best for the future. It's been a pleasure!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    No, they aren't. But one thing is certain: on this forum, sociotypes iare merely social constructs, and as such, indeed human inventions that have hardly anything to do with the reality of Socionics.

And with these words I bid you all farewell and wish you all the best for the future. It's been a pleasure!
    The pleasure has been mutual. We hope to see you again soon.