Thread: The videos I sent off for my typing assesment, curious to hear other people's thoughts

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by megedy View Post
    That is 100% why I thought I was Se polr. I also thought Se was about being forceful, and I don't really like to impose my will on other people, so I thought that meant I didn't value it.

I will say, though, that Se is a function I have a hard time wrapping my head around.
    Everyone has a hard time wrapping their head around
    There are a ton of misconceptions in novice socionic circles about what Black Sensing (Se) entails. Misconceptions about how it's tied to abuse, or preferences towards only the most extreme acts of asserting one's volition, "my way or the high way", and so on.

All of them are false and they're the result of tens of years of meme-ing that went too far. Black sensing is about control - of a situation, especially. Control of your environment, of your surrounding world, of the way you interact with what sits outside yourself. Beta types are depicted, in the most sensationalist of fashion, as depraved. It isn't entirely false, but if you focus only on that, what you're doing is simply hype fixating on a "heat-of-the-moment" scenario.

Betas are, in reality, RARELY decadent. They are quite collected, because they value control over situations, especially over themselves. That's the wet dream of self-realization right there.
    This applies even more so to Beta NFs; they might swing from moments of decadence to moments of 'repentance', because they seek, and need, grounding in reality via , least they get lost in a purely-conceptual void of .

People need to get a fucking grip on themselves in socionics communities and realize that Black Sensing has nothing to do with how hard you punch someone or how many times you call someone a "nerd". If anyone tells you differently, they are most likely using their spin on the system to justify their attachment to the "Big Bad Wolf" Se-ego TIM they self-type as, because it caresses them nicely and gives them a semblance of validation. Living in a fantasy and playing a role is a coping method )
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suspiria View Post
    There are a ton of misconceptions in novice socionic circles about what Black Sensing (Se) entails. Misconceptions about how it's tied to abuse, or preferences towards only the most extreme acts of asserting one's volition, "my way or the high way", and so on.

All of them are false and they're the result of tens of years of meme-ing that went too far. Black sensing is about control - of a situation, especially. Control of your environment, of your surrounding world, of the way you interact with what sits outside yourself. Beta types are depicted, in the most sensationalist of fashion, as depraved. It isn't entirely false, but if you focus only on that, what you're doing is simply hype fixating on a "heat-of-the-moment" scenario.

Betas are, in reality, RARELY decadent. They are quite collected, because they value control over situations, especially over themselves. That's the wet dream of self-realization right there.
    This applies even more so to Beta NFs; they might swing from moments of decadence to moments of 'repentance', because they seek, and need, grounding in reality via , least they get lost in a purely-conceptual void of .

People need to get a fucking grip on themselves in socionics communities and realize that Black Sensing has nothing to do with how hard you punch someone or how many times you call someone a "nerd". If anyone tells you differently, they are most likely using their spin on the system to justify their attachment to the "Big Bad Wolf" Se-ego TIM they self-type as, because it caresses them nicely and gives them a semblance of validation. Living in a fantasy and playing a role is a coping method )

Like think it twice but never, never learn. Vex's Avatar
    TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suspiria View Post

I wish I could "love" this post.
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

Model G: IEI-CNHD
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL