Thread: How can an IEI be useful to SLE? + Ego death side effect of Dualizing

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Northstar's point that one of the best things a healthy IEI could offer an SLE is meaning. I wonder if this meaning is even more important than the ability to future-forecast.

The need for social forecasting might vary depending on the SLE. I’d imagine this would be more important to an SLE who is Social first or second and cares about "rising in the ranks” or having some sort of influence in the world. A Social-last SLE might not care about this gift of the IEI as much, but would still very much care about being able to see the world through emotional rather than pragmatic eyes.

Side note, it seems like future-forecasting might be more crucial in the SEE/ILI pair than with SLE/IEI. Probably because the SEE can be illogical and thus needs more warnings about what will happen as a result of their actions. SLE with developed Thinking is less likely to make irrational decisions, although they still can and do because they’re impulsive.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    I agree with Northstar's point that one of the best things a healthy IEI could offer an SLE is meaning. I wonder if this meaning is even more important than the ability to future-forecast.

The need for social forecasting might vary depending on the SLE. I’d imagine this would be more important to an SLE who is Social first or second and cares about "rising in the ranks” or having some sort of influence in the world. A Social-last SLE might not care about this gift of the IEI as much, but would still very much care about being able to see the world through emotional rather than pragmatic eyes.

Side note, it seems like future-forecasting might be more crucial in the SEE/ILI pair than with SLE/IEI. Probably because the SEE can be illogical and thus needs more warnings about what will happen as a result of their actions. SLE with developed Thinking is less likely to make irrational decisions, although they still can and do because they’re impulsive.
    The forecasting between IEI and SLE will relate to more social aspects but it won't be any less important whatever the instinct stackings.

This makes me think of a story. It's about something that happened between me and an SLE that I've known since middle school. In order to understand it you have to know that we were both living in an area with a quite a lot of violence so avoiding bad people was very important.
    The SLE used to love hanging out with a guy that in my eyes was the worst piece of shit in the world. The guy was a bully, the real mean and nasty kind. He would harass the weakest and smallest people at school (or the ones who already felt excluded by everybody) just for the fun of it. But for some reason, my SLE friend found him funny.
    All throughout middle and then high school I kept telling him to stop hanging out with the bully. Their relationship really got under my skin because it was obvious to me that the bully didn't really have friends. He was smart, manipulative and just liked having a crowd. But the SLE just wouldn't listen.
    After high school I moved out of town for my higher education and I lost touch with him. But one day he texted me out of the blue after years of not speaking to each other. He explained to me that the bully from school had just done him extremely wrong.
    On a Saturday morning, the bully invited the SLE and another one of their "friends" to hang out. He told them to meet him in the hall of a building where they liked to spend time together sometimes. The SLE declined the invitation saying that it was way too early for a Saturday. The other one however still accepted to meet, but when he arrived in the hall a group of guys came out of nowhere and assaulted him. It was a trap and obviously the bully was in on it. The plan was to get the both of them beat up in a place where no one would see it.
    When the SLE told me this I was shocked but I wasn't. I was just mad that it took this little ambush for him to finally realize that he should have listened to me.

It also makes me think of an SLE boss that I had while working for a small business (less than 15 people). When he wanted to hire a new person but wasn't too sure about them he would give me money to take them for drinks or to eat together with other colleagues. Then he would ask me if in my opinion the candidate would get along with the rest of the team.