Hybrid View

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    So you were joking? Sorry, I can't tell in text sometimes. I'd think that the actual outcome of 13 SLE's to 1 IEI would be that the IEI would get the best SLE (after dumping her previous ILE's) and the rest of the SLE's would keep having unhappy relationships with types which can't properly handle their high Se and low Ni and Fe.

So many SLE's just look to me like life has hit them in the head with a baseball bat, and they have no idea why they got that treatment.
    That's just the typical duality is perfect theoretical outcome. You of all people should know that's not true

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    That's just the typical duality is perfect theoretical outcome. You of all people should know that's not true
    Honestly, I’m still trying to figure this out.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Honestly, I’m still trying to figure this out.
    Don't get stuck on proposed theoretical answers if they contradict real world dynamics. For example: according to socionics, an LII should not be telling an LIE to be more empirical.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Don't get stuck on proposed theoretical answers if they contradict real world dynamics. For example: according to socionics, an LII should not be telling an LIE to be more empirical.

Maybe by "empirical", you mean "Pay more attention to the facts and less to your prejudices." Which I can totally accept. I don't think this advice is unusual for an LII. LII's will formulate a Ti theory, and then will relentlessly Ne test it in the real world. This testing is, of course, empirical.

LIE's, on the other hand, start from what they want and try to piece together bits that will make those wants happen in the real world. No theory involved.

I actually envy the capability of LII's to exclude emotion from their analysis, because my biases always influence my conclusions.