Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
In dual pairs, conflicts rarely arise, and if they do arise, they are quickly and painlessly resolved. The partners fit together like two halves of a torn photograph, together making up one whole. But precisely due to the fact that mutual understanding is quickly established and there are no internal sources of tension, the dual is not immediately distinguished from other people. The dual seems too simple and straightforward, and therefore not worthy of attention. This is the first position that a person can take upon meeting a dual. Rather, it is characteristic of extroverts. The second position is when you tell yourself: he is too good for me, I can hardly please him. This position is more typical for an introvert. Both of these positions are found in people who did not have experience of dual communication in childhood.

Source: https://socioniks.net/article/?id=89

I admit EIE's people skills can be intimidating at first and they do seem very smart. Personal experience however interacting with certain specific ppl who type as EIE has only been disappointing past the initial stage of awe & idealization... idk what G is on about there in the article, but in my case I felt irritation from about midway through which gradually turned into severe annoyance and anger leading to constant reoccurring conflict in duality relations.

"The dual is perceived as a shadow, as something completely natural and therefore meaningless. How much you needed this person, you perceive only when you broke up with him. A person perceives and experiences the loss of the dual very sharply, for a long time he does not find a place for himself. Having got used to the dual, having acquired the experience of dualization, you finally begin to realize that his presence calms you down, gives you a feeling of security. With favorable subtypes, this effect is enhanced even more."

haven't felt anything like this with anyone tbh.
That first paragraph definitely resonates with me, the not feeling good enough. I rarely feel this with anyone, only activity and dual.

Yeah, EIE's are a type that for me also start off being too good to be true. Their sense of humor, engaging commentary and ability to captivate a room full of people with their funny stories is very appealing. They also have a cute twinkle in their eye. They know how to get people to like them for sure. Even after a inappropriate on all levels meltdown that for anyone else would be inexcusable they can restore people's trust and positive disposition. The Fe subtype is just too goddamn charming, hence all their toxic traits are excused!

I have seen one platonic EIE-LSI duality. They had a lot of fun with each other, teamed up for pranks. They are so close actually that the LSI is going to make space in his new house for the EIE to live with him and girlfriend (who I think is gamma SF). Maybe it depends on your subtype. As an IEI-Fe, I generally prefer introverts. Maybe you'd change your mind with an EIE Ni subtype, they have a completely different style and a more contemplative temperament. They still have a tendency towards melodrama, but it is much more self contained.

The last part resonates with me after only 2 weeks of dualisation, but I've also felt this way before with Mirrors, Semi duals and Illusionary.