Hybrid View

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I have not observed this; I certainly have never met a benefactor that I looked up to. Beneficiary perceptions and rationalizations simply aren't helpful to the benefactor's cognitive processes; both partners' thinking processes don't equally benefit in this one-way relationship. I've seen many examples where benefactors were envious of beneficiaries and wished they were in their shoes. There could be other factors outside of type that could offset the imbalance; however, unease seems to grow when they start having to depend on one another.

a.k.a. I/O
    The traditional rule is that the benefactor is in the greater psychological position, which is why the beneficiary “looks up” to the benefactor, but it’s not a hard rule. I described the general psychological relation so it doesn’t have to be conscious to be valid. The point is, the beneficiary’s demo is the same as the benefactor’s lead so they’re both in strong standing of the same function. The thing is, the beneficiary doesn’t value their demo so they view that function as “easy, nothing to it” while the benefactor knows how utilize that function to the fullest extent so they feel compelled to teach the beneficiary “how to improve” on that function. As with all relations, it’s a two way street so there’s often a reverse benefit where the beneficiary will teach the benefactor how to improve their mob. This levels the playing field a bit.

So while I’ve historically ranted against EIE and can’t stand that they’re histrionic, flirtatious psychos (I do have EIE friends irl which is how I know they’re histrionic psychos), I’ve also unconsciously known they’re better at manipulating the emotional atmosphere. They do teach me how to “flirt” better. Better from zero as I don’t flirt, I find that shit demeaning. I know now the reason why they flirt and seduce to get their way is because they’re weak with Se and that’s how they get access to Se. Although I look down upon that sort of thing and the people who do that, they look up to me for Se reasons and I’ve helped them in that department.
    Last edited by Lolita; 12-29-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
    The traditional rule is that the benefactor is in the greater psychological position,......
    I've had several of my benefactor types in my office for not doing their job properly so I doubt that they had the greater psychological advantage. The concept of "greater psychological position" isn't very meaningful when describing the fundamental interactions of data processing systems.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I've had several of my benefactor types in my office for not doing their job properly so I doubt that they had the greater psychological advantage. The concept of "greater psychological position" isn't very meaningful when describing the fundamental interactions of data processing systems.

a.k.a. I/O
    1. Just because the benefactor is generally described as being in a higher psychology position, it doesn’t mean that they are all the time. Situations vary.
    2. They may or may not be your benefactor.
    3. Psychological relations aka ITR are not hard rules, but guidelines and get applied differently depending on the parties involved and their individual development with their functions.

I’ve explained as to why for all of these factors multiple times before. So just because you’ve deemed someone as your benefactor and you’re at a stronger psychological position than they are, it doesn’t mean the theory of the ITR benefactor relation is invalid.