Family and social circle.

I grew up in a beta and dualized household as an only child. It was quite an idyllic childhood. One thing I can say is that I didn’t end up the Fe subtype, I still grew up Si and rolled my eyes at how my parents dealt with some things.

SLE stepdad was quite lenient (it seems they can’t remain angry at children for long). IEI mother I felt tried to be more strict.

In middle school and following years I became friends with an ESE/ILE boy. I’m not sure which because we were young he was going in that direction. But this is when groups associated with quadras began to form.

In high school I got in touch with some old friends again: an SEI-Fe and an IEE who were besties themselves. Young female IEEs is where superficial IR explanations based on functions go to die because they strive to be ‘fully woman’ so they cook for you, become the ‘worrier’. They are invested in the proper role of women and men. But the SEI-Fe wasn’t far behind. The resulting differences in social life and dating were monumental and, in the end, we drifted apart.

In college things got more diverse. Chiefly because my building was a magnet for students that were majoring in more than one thing and they came from literary studies mostly, and we know how aspiring writers can get.