Quote Originally Posted by Comatose Zaniac 007 View Post
Can you give examples how you guys can attentively fixate on things (attention is not concentration)? I find it interesting style of being a hooman
We sort of naturally put all of our "attention eggs" in one basket. It's just how we operate, and by doing so we become absorbed in the matters to which we attend at depth. Yeah, that's it, we fixate on things at extreme depth and sacrifice attentive breadth in so doing. That is why loud sounds and bright lights are so damn jarring to me, they rip me from my fixation and cause my attention to abruptly fluctuate to extremes. Distracting sounds seem to tear through the sound barrier, and bright lights suck me in and magnify to the intensity of the Sun. As with eye contact, I can resolve to either look someone in the eyes or pay attention to what they are doing/saying, and there is hardly any room to do both. We often struggle with transitions and breaking routines because we need to allot our attentive energy in advance for things to go smoothly. I have learned to predict when I would do best to detach from my activities so I can better go with the flow of things.