Thread: How has #MeToo affected your workplace?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How has #MeToo affected your workplace?

At least pre-covid-19, has #MeToo changed anything about how the people at your workplace interact? I can't draw on personal experience because engineering is such a complete sausage fest, so I thought I'd ask you folks.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work two jobs, both with more women than men, one religious work and the other a big company. The former doesn't give a shit at all and the latter just has standard sexual harassment policies that #metoo has not seemed to alter or effect in any way.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

About the same. I mean, there was already standards against it.

Legally speaking, the statue of limitations for investigating sexual abuse have already shot up from 5 years to like 20 years in my home state.

Some authority figures have been overzealous with their investigations because it's trendy and Karen-y to do so, and some also have probably been using it as a ruse to hide the fact that they are pedophiles & rapists themselves. What better way to get away with being a sexual offender?

I want to stop real sexual abuse but all too often it becomes a witch hunt which is incredibly unhealthily and also, I have seen first-hand corrupt authority figures falsely accuse others of crap just to sadistically start shit with them. ((with the world's most flimiest evidence available))

"If they are truly innocent what do they have to worry about."

Yes but it is still cruel and wrong and can destroy their reputation. Gotta watch the watchers.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, but my boss is hot and she's also the best boss I've ever had; she doesn't micromanage, but somehow stays aware of everything that goes on and still knows how best to move people around and support everything. And I think I have a small crush on her and it's awkward as fuck. But she's married and has lots of kids and I secretly wish I could give her the best sex she's ever had. She's fucking adorable. I don't know if that relates, but I've never even heard or seen anything about sexual harassment stuffs, since I started working there. One time I made a stupid stereotype joke about Taco Bell and somebody being Mexican and was told that was racist and that I can't say that, but I guess that's not metoo...

I like my boss, but that also scares me. Am I sexually harassing myself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there weren't this "smite dudes with brimstone for slipping up on social cues" element then I wouldn't rail against feminism at all tbh. That one fact is a genuine threat to my existence. Take that away and I would no longer care.