Hi there. I’m quite new here, and I can say I’m learning a lot of stuff here just by reading your posts.

Since I don’t know very much about socionics, I’d like to ask your advice. I’m an INTj 5w4. I am very much sure of this (as the description perfectly fits me to a tee), but I’m quite confused because my colleagues, and most of my acquaintances describe me quite contrary to what INTj’s are known for. Typical descriptions of me which run contradictory to this stereotype are:

-Very charming
-Sweet
-Pleasant and easy to get along with
-Warm
-Light-hearted and a bit whimsical
-Open-minded
-Fun-loving

I do admit I’m like these in a social scene and at work; but deep down I know I’m really not like this. I know I’m quite intense, deep and harder to get to know than what everyone else really thinks.

Now, with all this, I just want to ask you: Is this normal for an INTj to “act” like that in some situations? Or am I having a split type personality, which means I’m actually not who I think I really am? In short: Am I personality-confused? From the outside, I think I’m quite acting like an ESFp. From the inside, an INTj. Sometimes, they switch roles when I'm stressed out or feeling unstable--INTj outside, ESFp inside. What the heck is wrong with me?

I really would appreciate your comments on this.

Thanks.