Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Discussion regarding Self Typings or Professional Typing Services

  1. #1
    growing cakes on some ropes Vex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Bakery
    TIM
    IEI-Fe C
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Discussion regarding Self Typings or Professional Typing Services

    Here you go. Go wild. Stay out of my thread since it's meant as a list of resources if people want to get typed (which many people were looking for resources in the G thread, and I provided), criticize + feedback, talk about the process, etc.. That thread is not a free space for people to moan endlessly about others getting typed, and should not even affect them.

    Take all arguments here or I'll shut down that thread until someone wants to post in there with their result and thoughts.


    Idiosyncratic > Mercurial > Aggressive

    Aphrodite

    279 sx/so
    EVFL/WEPL IEI-Fe C



    I am the wound and the blade.
    Both the torturer and he who is flayed.

    BORN TO TYPE
    WORLD IS A SOCIONIKA
    心理学 Type Em All 1991
    I am jung fan

    410,757,864,530 PEOPLE TYPED




  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,571
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    Stay out of my thread since it's meant as a list of resources if people want to get typed
    The discussion of value and use of "Professional Typing Services", including compared to other approaches, relates to that.
    Same as comments about quality of products relates to them, being useful for those who has an interest to those products.
    While without critical comments - that would be an advertising or a spam.

    Seems, you do not like to see the objective criticism against for what you paid money and to what was irrationally emotionally inspired to trust. By the wish of censorship against the useful info you are motivated by egoistic emotions, but not by the use for people.

    My comment there about the value of "dudes who take money for opinions about types, without having objective basis to suppose own typing skills as high and which have low typing matches with anyone else, some of which may use baseless hypotheses and mislead about Socionics usage".
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  3. #3
    growing cakes on some ropes Vex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Bakery
    TIM
    IEI-Fe C
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The discussion of value and use of "Professional Typing Services", including compared to other approaches, relates to that.
    Same as comments about quality of products relates to them, being useful for those who has an interest to those products.
    While without critical comments - that would be an advertising or a spam.

    Seems, you do not like to see the objective criticism against for what you paid money and to what was irrationally emotionally inspired to trust. By the wish of censorship against the useful info you are motivated by egoistic emotions, but not by the use for people.

    My comment there about the value of "dudes who take money for opinions about types, without having objective basis to suppose own typing skills as high and which have low typing matches with anyone else, some of which may use baseless hypotheses and mislead about Socionics usage".
    Hey Sol. Admittedly I skimmed through your comment a bit since I saw it as the most thought out and constructive, though I was busy IRL and didn't have the time to read it, and with me trying to manage the thread with others spamming and detracting from the value of the thread through dumb jokes, unrelated discussion, "pay for my type" posts, and the like. That is what I was trying to combat with me making this thread. Though I appreciate you calling me out here, it did help me to calm down and look at things more objectively.

    I did post a list of resources for people to get typed since people were asking in the Gulenko thread. That's it. I just didn't want to see the thread get detracted with dumb jokes such as "pay for my type", or "new typing service - 420 USD", passive aggression, and people taking out their emotions and projecting them because they feel threatened by others getting typed. That's all irrelevant to the topic at hand. Perhaps it's my bad though since I probably should have closed the thread, but I wanted people to be free to talk about typing process, other possible types, and their typing journey in that thread if they choose to do so.

    I took the time to read what you said in the other thread. I don't think paid typing services are infallible, but they're better than most other approaches and offer great insight. Their suggested typing doesn't have to override a Self-Type since a person doesn't have to even accept a type, and people are even free to go with another type that makes sense to them by doing with they want with a reasoning. Professionals aren't militaristic with their typings, and seeking out help is also a valid form of introspection. It's only fair to pay people for their intense, time consuming work.

    I don't agree with what you say about MBTI, it's a fundamentally different system. Dichotomies are fine, but the functions both systems describe are different. Many tests are fine objectively speaking but can only approximate a type, due to the way people can only see themselves objectively to a certain point.

    I do think ITR is a very useful way to type. The R/Relations is a bit misleading in the acronym, since people seem to focus too much on that aspect. I think it's more about the thinking, if people are able to respect each other's thinking, reach conclusions easily, and so on. Though people will naturally gravitate towards people of similar Quadra, so there are most likely mistypes if people say "I get along great with my conflictor, he's my best friend." So I do suspect a lot of mistypings on the forum, similar to you. I think we just have different ways to go about it.


    Idiosyncratic > Mercurial > Aggressive

    Aphrodite

    279 sx/so
    EVFL/WEPL IEI-Fe C



    I am the wound and the blade.
    Both the torturer and he who is flayed.

    BORN TO TYPE
    WORLD IS A SOCIONIKA
    心理学 Type Em All 1991
    I am jung fan

    410,757,864,530 PEOPLE TYPED




  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,571
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    One of traits which differ noobs in typology from a higher level is the understanding that taking money for typing does not mean good accuracy. As to think about good accuracy there should be objective experimental reason. Or, at least, good typing match with some of others, but not <50% of real match with anyone else, what is known still for typers which used behavioral methods. The other is just a blind trust, which has low chance to be correct in the existing situation.

    IR effects checking is the only good way to be highly sure in own type. As it's low possibly to get such good match accidentally.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  5. #5
    megedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Paying a person for typing services is like...paying for a session with a life coach. You're just paying someone to give you their objective opinion in the hopes that you can learn something from it. Nobody's getting forced to have their type tattooed on their forehead or anything.

    Also, I think I've mentioned this before, but intertype relations- I do have that issue with self-typing with regards to IR. Once you know about IR it becomes difficult to remove that lens when you type others. "This person seems very practical-minded, they seem to be an introvert, I don't see a lot of valued Se, and I personally have an easy time understanding them - SLI". But if I misunderstood the theory somewhere, or came to wrong conclusions about how certain functions work, then the whole thing is going to be off and skewed.

    IDK, personally, that's why I'm interested in the professional typing services. For me it's about self-development and understanding others better. Anything that widens my perspective and helps me understand other people's motivations and values better is going to further that goal. And that's whether I agree with their final conclusion or not.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megedy View Post
    Paying a person for typing services is like...paying for a session with a life coach. You're just paying someone to give you their objective opinion in the hopes that you can learn something from it. Nobody's getting forced to have their type tattooed on their forehead or anything.

    Also, I think I've mentioned this before, but intertype relations- I do have that issue with self-typing with regards to IR. Once you know about IR it becomes difficult to remove that lens when you type others. "This person seems very practical-minded, they seem to be an introvert, I don't see a lot of valued Se, and I personally have an easy time understanding them - SLI". But if I misunderstood the theory somewhere, or came to wrong conclusions about how certain functions work, then the whole thing is going to be off and skewed.

    IDK, personally, that's why I'm interested in the professional typing services. For me it's about self-development and understanding others better. Anything that widens my perspective and helps me understand other people's motivations and values better is going to further that goal. And that's whether I agree with their final conclusion or not.
    That is the healthy way to look at it. However, there was a lot of battle-typing going around. "If you don't get professionally typed, we are skeptical of your self-typing" and "if you disagree with the professional typing, then you are clearly delusional and in denial". Luckily, people have become sane again for the most part.

  7. #7
    growing cakes on some ropes Vex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Bakery
    TIM
    IEI-Fe C
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Consilience View Post
    That is the healthy way to look at it. However, there was a lot of battle-typing going around. "If you don't get professionally typed, we are skeptical of your self-typing" and "if you disagree with the professional typing, then you are clearly delusional and in denial". Luckily, people have become sane again for the most part.
    If people are so sensitive over something like "battletyping", which is vague enough at this point to even include the discussion of the psychology of being "mistyped", then the problem isn't with the people partaking in the discussion. It's with the people who get scared at even the thought of being "battletyped", which could include literally anything at this point.

    Literally nobody cares if you want to type as EIE or LIE or NIE or NYE or CHI or FROg. It's when people pull childish manipulative moves like this to garner sympathy and demonize the other side that makes people angry.


    Idiosyncratic > Mercurial > Aggressive

    Aphrodite

    279 sx/so
    EVFL/WEPL IEI-Fe C



    I am the wound and the blade.
    Both the torturer and he who is flayed.

    BORN TO TYPE
    WORLD IS A SOCIONIKA
    心理学 Type Em All 1991
    I am jung fan

    410,757,864,530 PEOPLE TYPED




  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    If people are so sensitive over something like "battletyping", which is vague enough at this point to even include the discussion of the psychology of being "mistyped", then the problem isn't with the people partaking in the discussion. It's with the people who get scared at even the thought of being "battletyped", which could include literally anything at this point.

    Literally nobody cares if you want to type as EIE or LIE or NIE or NYE or CHI or FROg. It's when people pull childish manipulative moves like this to garner sympathy and demonize the other side that makes people angry.
    Lol, ok. At least it changed the group dynamics, didn't it? That was the whole point.

    I am on friendly terms with a lot of the supposed G Squad.

  9. #9
    megedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So forgive me if this is misguided - but is the problem with unsolicited doubts and comments over how people self-type? Because I can see how that would be grating and unwelcome. Like I'm still fresh meat in this particular forum but when I see "battletyping" it reminds me of conversations like "well you said you're an IEE but I'm an LSE and I hate you so you're wrong" or something lol.

  10. #10
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    9,497
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megedy View Post
    So forgive me if this is misguided - but is the problem with unsolicited doubts and comments over how people self-type? Because I can see how that would be grating and unwelcome. Like I'm still fresh meat in this particular forum but when I see "battletyping" it reminds me of conversations like "well you said you're an IEE but I'm an LSE and I hate you so you're wrong" or something lol.
    Some people are sensitive to comments about their type. Maybe it's an identity thing, maybe they are tired of being told they are a little princess when they play linebacker for the local football team.

    In any case, what I've seen before is that sometimes one or more people will gang up on another and will say, "You claim to be YYY, but we know that you are really ZZZ."
    This could either be seen as the ravings of lunatics, or as a threat to one's public reputation, or as a reminder that your mother wanted you to be a pianist and you had to tell her to mind her own business.

    So a decent concern for the feelings of others dictates that a polite and considerate person will refrain from telling another that their type is such-and-so, unless the person whose type is in question specifically asked for opinions.

  11. #11
    growing cakes on some ropes Vex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Bakery
    TIM
    IEI-Fe C
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    One of traits which differ noobs in typology from a higher level is the understanding that taking money for typing does not mean good accuracy. As to think about good accuracy there should be objective experimental reason. Or, at least, good typing match with some of others, but not <50% of real match with anyone else, what is known still for typers which used behavioral methods. The other is just a blind trust, which has low chance to be correct in the existing situation.

    IR effects checking is the only good way to be highly sure in own type. As it's low possibly to get such good match accidentally.
    I understand what you're saying here, but it's not about the money Sol. It's of course foolish for people to throw money and expect problems to go away. That's a big problem with society in itself. I don't think a type should be based on experiments, a typer should use only valid knowledge. I agree the results should match up and make sense, though it would depend on why things don't make sense. Sometimes, people have to be willing to learn the other people's side if something doesn't make sense. It's not always an emotional based tactic, but also a knowledge driven one.

    ITR can be a very effective tool for determining type, but I do think it blinds people when they rely too much on it and can cloud judgement. "Love is blind", as the saying goes.

    (I do wish you would quote or @ me, so I don't miss your replies )


    Idiosyncratic > Mercurial > Aggressive

    Aphrodite

    279 sx/so
    EVFL/WEPL IEI-Fe C



    I am the wound and the blade.
    Both the torturer and he who is flayed.

    BORN TO TYPE
    WORLD IS A SOCIONIKA
    心理学 Type Em All 1991
    I am jung fan

    410,757,864,530 PEOPLE TYPED




  12. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megedy View Post
    So forgive me if this is misguided - but is the problem with unsolicited doubts and comments over how people self-type? Because I can see how that would be grating and unwelcome. Like I'm still fresh meat in this particular forum but when I see "battletyping" it reminds me of conversations like "well you said you're an IEE but I'm an LSE and I hate you so you're wrong" or something lol.
    Yes. That's what battle-typing is. I have known my type for a long time so it got frustrating when a couple latched onto a different typing without actually getting to know me personally. I got professionally to see how I came off and to learn what I could work on. I got officially typed as IEI. It was helpful because it showed me how much my anxiety and depression were impacting the way I presented myself. I just got frustrated when others made it seem like I had to accept an EII typing.

    It only really becomes a problem if you keep saying you are X type and people are adamantly arguing something else without actually trying to talking to you first.

    Whether or not, one gets professionally typed, there is usually a lack of consensus. I have engaged in some battle-typing too before but try to accept people's self-typings for what they are.

  13. #13
    growing cakes on some ropes Vex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Bakery
    TIM
    IEI-Fe C
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Consilience View Post
    Lol, ok. At least it changed the group dynamics, didn't it? That was the whole point.

    I am on friendly terms with a lot of the supposed G Squad.
    I'm not sure how the group dynamics are much different in my case, personally speaking. All I can say is, while ITR isn't the best tool for making judgements on a 1v1 basis, it does speak for itself when a group of people get typed and people can observe the behavior. It's educational, in a way.

    "G squad." I never wanted to be part of a squad, I didn't even make a thread declaring my type since I didn't have a reason to. I just posted my results, in case people got curious about IEI. As for the people in that squad, yes they're on good terms with many people? Being on good terms doesn't mean people are friends, though. Just how life is. Not sure what to say about that or why you brought it up.


    Idiosyncratic > Mercurial > Aggressive

    Aphrodite

    279 sx/so
    EVFL/WEPL IEI-Fe C



    I am the wound and the blade.
    Both the torturer and he who is flayed.

    BORN TO TYPE
    WORLD IS A SOCIONIKA
    心理学 Type Em All 1991
    I am jung fan

    410,757,864,530 PEOPLE TYPED




  14. #14

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    I'm not sure how the group dynamics are much different in my case, personally speaking. All I can say is, while ITR isn't the best tool for making judgements on a 1v1 basis, it does speak for itself when a group of people get typed and people can observe the behavior. It's educational, in a way.

    "G squad." I never wanted to be part of a squad, I didn't even make a thread declaring my type since I didn't have a reason to. I just posted my results, in case people got curious about IEI. As for the people in that squad, yes they're on good terms with many people? Being on good terms doesn't mean people are friends, though. Just how life is. Not sure what to say about that or why you brought it up.
    FWIW, I have always been supportive of your professional IEI typing because I accept your take on yourself and because it aligns best with what you know about yourself. I am genuinely happy for you that you got closure. It honestly annoys me a bit when people keep saying that you are EIE when have clearly made your case why you believe otherwise. And I have shown public support for most people who got typed.

    Regarding the G-squad, I brought it up because I wanted to make it clear that I don't look down on those who got professionally typed.

    On my end, I just got frustrated with people insinuating that I was personally delusional for not accepting jack's typing of me and that I must have manipulated the system. Truthfully, I think his superficial assessment was fairly accurate but I didn't get the sense he really understood my motivations. I genuinely felt misunderstood by him in the interviews and got anxious. And there's a part of me that didn't want to clarify myself on camera because I am image conscious AF and didn't want to explain very vulnerable aspects of myself... I am E3 afterall. And I will be the first to admit that I am not the healthiest example of EIE clearly

  15. #15
    growing cakes on some ropes Vex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Bakery
    TIM
    IEI-Fe C
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Consilience View Post
    That is the healthy way to look at it. However, there was a lot of battle-typing going around. "If you don't get professionally typed, we are skeptical of your self-typing" and "if you disagree with the professional typing, then you are clearly delusional and in denial". Luckily, people have become sane again for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by megedy View Post
    So forgive me if this is misguided - but is the problem with unsolicited doubts and comments over how people self-type? Because I can see how that would be grating and unwelcome. Like I'm still fresh meat in this particular forum but when I see "battletyping" it reminds me of conversations like "well you said you're an IEE but I'm an LSE and I hate you so you're wrong" or something lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Consilience View Post
    Yes. That's what battle-typing is. I have known my type for a long time so it got frustrating when a couple latched onto a different typing without actually getting to know me personally. I got professionally to see how I came off and to learn what I could work on. I got officially typed as IEI. It was helpful because it showed me how much my anxiety and depression were impacting the way I presented myself. I just got frustrated when others made it seem like I had to accept an EII typing.

    It only really becomes a problem if you keep saying you are X type and people are adamantly arguing something else without actually trying to talking to you first.

    Whether or not, one gets professionally typed, there is usually a lack of consensus. I have engaged in some battle-typing too before but try to accept people's self-typings for what they are.
    Ok cool, thanks for admitting that nobody in the "G Squad" (AFAIK) was committing the grave act of battle typing. I'm not even for battle typing when it's malicious, though disagreements about types are going to come about whether people are self typed, "professionally" typed, or typed by a dead person in a dream. So it's not about consensus in the end, but about what's most reliable (which most people here don't even know what's reliable since they don't even realize what theories and information are out of date and which aren't).

    Also FWIW Consilience got typed IEI by Jack from WSS, who doesn't even use up to date information and essentially allows people to pick the Quadra they relate to, which is going to have an inherent bias. So make of that what you'd like.


    Idiosyncratic > Mercurial > Aggressive

    Aphrodite

    279 sx/so
    EVFL/WEPL IEI-Fe C



    I am the wound and the blade.
    Both the torturer and he who is flayed.

    BORN TO TYPE
    WORLD IS A SOCIONIKA
    心理学 Type Em All 1991
    I am jung fan

    410,757,864,530 PEOPLE TYPED




  16. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Vex if jack's methods are erroneous, then why would anyone take an INFX of me seriously then? Just out of curiosity.

  17. #17
    growing cakes on some ropes Vex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Bakery
    TIM
    IEI-Fe C
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Consilience View Post
    FWIW, I have always been supportive of your professional IEI typing because I accept your take on yourself and because it aligns best with what you know about yourself. I am genuinely happy for you that you got closure. It honestly annoys me a bit when people keep saying that you are EIE when have clearly made your case why you believe otherwise. And I have shown public support for most people who got typed.

    On my end, I just got frustrated with people insinuating that I was personally delusional for not accepting jack's typing of me and that I must have manipulated the system. Truthfully, I think his superficial assessment was fairly accurate but I didn't get the sense he really understood my motivations. I genuinely felt misunderstood by him in the interviews and got anxious. And there's a part of me that didn't want to clarify myself on camera because I am image conscious AF and didn't want to explain very vulnerable aspects of myself... I am E3 afterall. And I will be the first to admit that I am not the healthiest example of EIE clearly
    How can you "always be supportive" if you came in complaining about all these people being typed and trying to undermine one of the most credible people in the community? I do not understand. It's not like I want people "supporting" a typing anyways. It's just a typing and I don't want people making a big deal of it in either way (EDIT: this also means that I don't care about people "supporting" a typing and I see it as nonsense really, and I don't really care about any of that because it has nothing to do with "how I see myself". It's about an objective structure and how that all falls in place in the long run). I don't even get annoyed by people typing me EIE. I see part of the typing process as being open to whatever typing. Me being typed EIE probably does make sense with older, outdated information that wouldn't hold up today. Socionics itself has to be completely re-written but that's another topic.

    Yes, Jack is very superficial. He didn't train under anyone AFAIK and his interview methods are a bit questionable. He's very Fe based with no regards to logic or structure, and as such it is undeniably easy to manipulate due to bias. This isn't your fault, but it is what it is. Videos where a person can essentially just talk to themselves does seem to be the best bet, since people do get cold feet when talking to someone else. This is a method many typers use, and I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Jack.
    Last edited by Vex; 01-02-2021 at 12:36 AM.


    Idiosyncratic > Mercurial > Aggressive

    Aphrodite

    279 sx/so
    EVFL/WEPL IEI-Fe C



    I am the wound and the blade.
    Both the torturer and he who is flayed.

    BORN TO TYPE
    WORLD IS A SOCIONIKA
    心理学 Type Em All 1991
    I am jung fan

    410,757,864,530 PEOPLE TYPED




  18. #18
    growing cakes on some ropes Vex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Bakery
    TIM
    IEI-Fe C
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Consilience View Post
    @Vex if jack's methods are erroneous, then why would anyone take an INFX of me seriously then? Just out of curiosity.

    "A broken clock is right twice a day." as the saying goes.


    Idiosyncratic > Mercurial > Aggressive

    Aphrodite

    279 sx/so
    EVFL/WEPL IEI-Fe C



    I am the wound and the blade.
    Both the torturer and he who is flayed.

    BORN TO TYPE
    WORLD IS A SOCIONIKA
    心理学 Type Em All 1991
    I am jung fan

    410,757,864,530 PEOPLE TYPED




  19. #19

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    How can you "always be supportive" if you came in complaining about all these people being typed and trying to undermine one of the most credible people in the community? I do not understand. It's not like I want people "supporting" a typing anyways. It's just a typing and I don't want people making a big deal of it in either way. I don't even get annoyed by people typing me EIE. I see part of the typing process as being open to whatever typing. Me being typed EIE probably does make sense with older, outdated information that wouldn't hold up today. Socionics itself has to be completely re-written but that's another topic.

    Yes, Jack is very superficial. He didn't train under anyone AFAIK and his interview methods are a bit questionable. He's very Fe based with no regards to logic or structure, and as such it is undeniably easy to manipulate due to bias. This isn't your fault, but it is what it is. Videos where a person can essentially just talk to themselves does seem to be the best bet, since people do get cold feet when talking to someone else. This is a method many typers use, and I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Jack.
    I wasn't supportive of how people were going about the process but I was supportive of what types people saw for themselves. That's cool that it was of use to you.

    In the end, I genuinely don't care about what people think of my type privately but in general, I don't appreciate my motivations being misunderstood because of a mistyping. I came to my final self-typing through years of analysis and talking with other people. And it's not because of some glorified vision of the particular type.

    So I apologize for my part in antagonizing the situation.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    "A broken clock is right twice a day." as the saying goes.
    Fair enough, but delta values are not my forte. Lol i actually scored gamma ILI and then beta on his test.

  21. #21
    Tireless Rebutter Socionics Is Not A Cult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Popular psychology may not be good science but it is good business.

  22. #22
    growing cakes on some ropes Vex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Bakery
    TIM
    IEI-Fe C
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Socionics Is Not A Cult View Post
    Popular psychology may not be good science but it is good business.
    Pretty much anything can be seen as a business, but depends on which businessmen are honest in their business, broadly speaking.


    Idiosyncratic > Mercurial > Aggressive

    Aphrodite

    279 sx/so
    EVFL/WEPL IEI-Fe C



    I am the wound and the blade.
    Both the torturer and he who is flayed.

    BORN TO TYPE
    WORLD IS A SOCIONIKA
    心理学 Type Em All 1991
    I am jung fan

    410,757,864,530 PEOPLE TYPED




  23. #23

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    11,424
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well it's my Te polr in ways but I also know I'm right, most "professionals" are just narcissistic, self-serving sadistic douchebags who are full of shit. I know that cuz of real life experiences. I had a health issue once I had to visit four professionals to actually find one that knew what he was doing enough to fix me, objectively.

    With psychological and emotional mental health traumas I imagine it's kinda similar. Telling me you are a "professional" does not impress me in the slightest. I just don't care. How genuinely effective you are is what I want to know.

    Or I guess I'll put it this way: I don't look down on you if you pay to get typed by a "professional" but don't subconsciously think that means I will look up to you either (whoever you are) because you should still also valid the opinions of non-elitists, even if not 'as much.' The professional could be corrupt or narcissistic. If he or she truly isn't - then yeah, it was probably a good beneficial exchange. I just think there are more douches than truly good ones. You (general you) could be a naive deer they are preying upon- which makes me kind of disgusted as I don't really like deer or viscous wolves that much.

    No Te/Ti tests or study really ever prepares you for the Se/Si reality of anything. Most professionals are trapped logically inside something instead of looking outside of their own head (or others) at what is really going on- so they don't do much to fix anything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •