I was asked in the 1D Ne thread to write a description of Ni and Ni PoLR and I didn’t want to derail the topic so I created this.

Note: I’m very limited with Ni so take my evaluation with a grain of salt. I think the Ni egos are better at describing what Ni is and how it manifests. I’m not Ni PoLR either so I can’t really get an idea of why exactly Ni doesn’t work in their cognitive stacks.

Ni tracks the general progressions/patterns of a concrete object/subject in order to gauge how to change the course of events (dynamic) and emphasize only the necessary concrete attributes to accomplish that. Ni gives direction and a better understanding how leveraging opportunities right now can get to the desired point in the future. It's direction and precognition (in a way). It's understanding patterns as it naturally unfolds through the progression of time and how that affects you in the scheme of things. In order to do it effectively, one must remove oneself from the immediate process (take no action) to evaluate the overall trends.

Ni PoLR is being unable to detach from the immediate process and therefore, cannot fathom how to evaluate the overall trends independently. There’s a perception that everything is an immediate urgency or that it’s immediately accessible and the inability to be able to gauge the appropriate amount time into obtaining such goals without having a clear, concrete step by step plan of action. Ni PoLR cannot remove the explicit process component nor gauge/get a sense of time about how long it takes to accomplish a task without having to do so much pre-planning to set up direct parameters in place.