Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybel View Post
    Ni is so weird. Their brain must be like Picasso’s painting. My main inner voice barely exists, I can’t pinpoint it. Just words and their meaning into the brain. Sometimes it gets really harsh and insane like there’s demons in there telling me negative and cruel things. Sometimes when I’m calming myself down it gets female and motherly like it’s talking to a little kid, I imagine it’s a benevolent princess. Those two voices seem separate beings from myself, although I know that is not the case. Overall pretty standard. A monotone inner voice is hilarious, I wonder what people who think in two languages feel like.
    Is my normal voice and is kinda monotone as usual. Having an emotional internal voice would be too uncomfortable probably. I think in two languages and it feels the same as thinking in one. The two voices thing sounds creepy. I wonder if some other ppl in here has similar experiences.

It is very faint. Just barely enough so I can notice it. Also in a very very quiet environment. But things produce an aura. It can sometimes happen with people too, which is easier to describe. They look like plants! Very dependent on their personality. If I listen to a very good playlist with a theme I can imagine it as a fantasy landscape, sometimes a world full of dandelions and sometimes filled with pink soap. It is mostly just imagination of how something that has a strong impression might “feel” tbh, nothing more. The imagination might be so strong I can really see it, feel it, hear it though. But still faint. It only lasts for a bit and I never lose touch with reality.
    Imagining things with music happens to me too. Probably it happens to most ppl or at least those who enjoy music.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Imagining things with music happens to me too. Probably it happens to most ppl or at least those who enjoy music.
    That’s really cool! What’s your musical inner world like? For me it is almost always a landscape, a world of mirrors or glass or grass or neon. Listening is different from creating. When I make a playlist I focus on a specific aura I am trying to create, a mix of emotions and sensations, a couple images very focused on concentrating. It is less cool than it seems, just extremely picky when it comes to music. I am currently into more ethereal inhuman sounding stuff like electronica or ambience or breakcore, not sure why. Also tried making playlists for fictional characters before to capture their essence, not as good as it..

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Is my normal voice and is kinda monotone as usual. Having an emotional internal voice would be too uncomfortable probably. I think in two languages and it feels the same as thinking in one. The two voices thing sounds creepy. I wonder if some other ppl in here has similar experiences.
    You’re religious right? I know no two people have the same spiritual experiences but personally I genuinely believe that demons exist. When you abuse and inflict trauma you pass on your demons onto others, sometimes a whole family or nation can be caught in one’s grasp. My experience with mental illness has caused actual physical pain sometimes, or like I’m being choked and something’s sitting on my lungs, what else could cause it? I have researched extensively into self-help stuff, the normal stuff helps a lot but it doesn’t get to the heart of the neuroses... so that taunting inner critic, I cannot help but personify it. It is just a way of seeing the world.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You’re religious right? I know no two people have the same spiritual experiences but personally I genuinely believe that demons exist. When you abuse and inflict trauma you pass on your demons onto others, sometimes a whole family or nation can be caught in one’s grasp. My experience with mental illness has caused actual physical pain sometimes, or like I’m being choked and something’s sitting on my lungs, what else could cause it? I have researched extensively into self-help stuff, the normal stuff helps a lot but it doesn’t get to the heart of the neuroses... so that taunting inner critic, I cannot help but personify it. It is just a way of seeing the world.
    I believe they exist, too. Our biology and life experiences (early traumas, conditioning, family history) have a lot to do with our mental state, but there is real evil that works against us and uses those things against us.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    I believe they exist, too. Our biology and life experiences (early traumas, conditioning, family history) have a lot to do with our mental state, but there is real evil that works against us and uses those things against us.
    This is interesting. Is this something you experience first hand, or is it an opinion you have developed? Or do you have a feeling/intuition for what demons are and that they affect us. It would be nice to know more.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    This is interesting. Is this something you experience first hand, or is it an opinion you have developed? Or do you have a feeling/intuition for what demons are and that they affect us. It would be nice to know more.
    Hey, yes, it's a belief I have based in my faith in God, being a Christian, etc. As a finite being, it's hard to say what exactly is influenced by the supernatural and what isn't. I definitely don't have many answers for that and am not always sure the extent to which the supernatural is impacting a situation, I just believe it is. I also try to avoid falling into the superstitious trap of seeing the devil in everything, since I think that's often a distraction from actually dealing with the situation.

In general, Western society is very skeptical around this topic and tends to find natural explanations for most things rather than acknowledging the influence of something supernatural. However, I don't think science and the supernatural contradict each other at all.

I also think the choices we make open the door to being more or less influenced by evil.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Hey, yes, it's a belief I have based in my faith in God, being a Christian, etc. As a finite being, it's hard to say what exactly is influenced by the supernatural and what isn't. I definitely don't have many answers for that and am not always sure the extent to which the supernatural is impacting a situation, I just believe it is. I also try to avoid falling into the superstitious trap of seeing the devil in everything, since I think that's often a distraction from actually dealing with the situation.

In general, Western society is very skeptical around this topic and tends to find natural explanations for most things rather than acknowledging the influence of something supernatural. However, I don't think science and the supernatural contradict each other at all.

I also think the choices we make open the door to being more or less influenced by evil.
    thanks, so maybe based on faith and personal "philosophy", worldview. Not on actually sensing demons in real situations? (I think there are people who have these concrete perceptions of an evil demon present)

I'm also wondering if as an Ni type the concept "demon" / evil has more depth and meaning for you than for a non-Ni person.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    thanks, so maybe based on faith and personal "philosophy", worldview. Not on actually sensing demons in real situations? (I think there are people who have these concrete perceptions of an evil demon present)
    Ah, no, I've had many experiences and times where I've sensed demonic forces, although not as much to do with my actual Se/Si senses like having a vision or hearing something or smelling something (I've heard of people having more concrete experiences like this). I have experienced deep fatigue after encounters with what I view as evil, though.

It's more like feeling attacked or oppressed in my mind and emotions, psychically or in my spirit. Certain environments and people feel spiritually oppressive to me, like I have to leave and get out. It's interesting to view it through the lens of type, because I could see different types feeling oppression in different ways.

I'm also wondering if as an Ni type the concept "demon" / evil has more depth and meaning for you than for a non-Ni person.
    Now I'm wondering, too! Good question.

Your question really got me thinking about the ways different types would experience or acknowledge the presence of evil/supernatural things. And how my experiences line up very well with being Ni/Fe in nature.