View Poll Results: What are you doing to reduce your part in the climate crisis?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Support Carbon Tax. Users offset "costs they impose on society." TheBalance.com

1 25.00%
  • Popularize other systemic policies that respect human rights & change climate-altering mechanisms

2 50.00%
  • I altered my ground transport. It " (=) 34% of a household's carbon footprint."bbc.com

2 50.00%
  • I fly less than I would otherwise. "London to New York (~=)986kg of CO2 per passenger."Guardian

1 25.00%
  • I work to decrease poverty. Less desperate =more able to combat climate change.

1 25.00%
  • Child-free/adopting .1 "of the most effective ways of cutting our carbon footprint."Theindependent

1 25.00%
  • Changed food. In U.S. '(54%) would use less red meat.; (26%) would use lab-grown meat ' yale.edu

3 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What personal changes are you making to slow your contribution to climate change?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only real way that we could combat this would be with wide systematic change.

Nuclear power and making cities and suburbs that make cars optional and bikes/walking/public transport the norm could cut two of the biggest sources of climate change. Also try to make machines, or just plant enough trees, to absorb carbon.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    The only real way that we could combat this would be with wide systematic change.

Nuclear power and making cities and suburbs that make cars optional and bikes/walking/public transport the norm could cut two of the biggest sources of climate change. Also try to make machines, or just plant enough trees, to absorb carbon.
    @Baqer, I completely agree with this.

Alternately, doing away with beef production would also halt climate change. It has an amazingly large effect on the environment.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Baqer, I completely agree with this.

Alternately, doing away with beef production would also halt climate change. It has an amazingly large effect on the environment.
    Well, not really. The greenhouse gases produced from beef and other meat production is part of a more natural cycle which cycles CO2 and methane from the grass and meal that the cows eat into the air, and then back into plants through photosynthesis. Fossil fuels take CO2 stuck in the ground and pump it into the atmosphere, thereby adding a larger total amount to the entire cycle which CO2 goes through.

here's the first graph i found on google explaining it better than I did.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Well, not really. The greenhouse gases produced from beef and other meat production is part of a more natural cycle which cycles CO2 and methane from the grass and meal that the cows eat into the air, and then back into plants through photosynthesis. Fossil fuels take CO2 stuck in the ground and pump it into the atmosphere, thereby adding a larger total amount to the entire cycle which CO2 goes through.

here's the first graph i found on google explaining it better than I did.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enviro...eat_production