It seems it’s not that rare for @khcs to type people in a way that goes against some of the practiced wisdom in the forum at times. In the thread of examples of Alphas, while most are trying to single out IEs from the holistics of a video, khcs presented more atypical typings, such as ISFp for George Soros or Henry Kissinger. along with the epigraphs ‘liberal world order maker’ or ‘destroyer of Western civilization’ or such others. ESFj for Merkel. How did he get at those? I asked, but got no answer.

Let’s see if we can track down his/her reasoning then. While I’m at it, I’ll write a thing or two about dispositions in Alpha SFs, regardless of whether khcs typings are correct or not.

I might’ve have said this before, but Si in the lead position works like an antenna, with the receptor being a bit at the mercy of incoming information that is constantly flowing and finds no agent that functions as a subjective dam. Many ISFps might run into trouble if asked to complete a list of their favorite everything. Sure, favorable properties of objects can be observed but that’s about it in many cases. Ti mobilizing is constantly challenging absolute truths and subsequent courses of action. Take a second to think what kind of mentality this brings forward: impersonality backed by reason. ISFps entering the political field will, as anyone, project their ways of going about life as the best one. Ultimately, this mindset envisions peak-humans not as people with passions, strong subjectivities and grand-scale narratives but as interchangeable cogs guided by rationality. Personality and group interests are quaint pecularities in the broader impersonal container: liberal democracy. And any love child.

This should be where khcs comes in: an argument could be made that he or she is typing based not (solely) on strong or weak functions but the preference that develops when survirvability has been accounted for. An attempt to grasp the spirit of a type (even if the examples themselves have not been correctly typed).

In the case of ESFjs, I’ve seen people attribute their taking up of some causes as a sign of undirected Fe. Look closer. Mobilizing Ne enters the equation detecting the ways (that may bypass others) in which supression of opportunities could become normative or lead to distrust with the subsequent confrontantion that disipates further resources and eats away at society. Corporativism, for example, would be a hard pill to swallow for this type. With an Si/Fe narrative of “the world is your playground” in the background , ESFj would be inclinded to oppose senseless supression and uphold tolerance.