Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Sensitivity to Environmental Changes

  1. #1
    Akira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    Га6eH
    Posts
    3,276
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Sensitivity

    I've always had allergy symptoms caused by sudden temperature changes like what's described in here:

    Specifically, changes in temperature and humidity can cause allergy symptoms like sneezing and congestion, which occur due to swelling that results from changes in the nose's membranes. These types of symptoms are generally referred to as non-allergic rhinitis.
    I feel like my body perceives changes in the temperature before I consciously do, and reacts drastically to such with uncontrollable sneezes, runny nose or nasal congestion.

    Do you know someone who has these (or similar) reactions too?

    I was wondering if it could be related of being Si lead. I know an SEI who has allergy to animals and an ESE who's also sensitive to temperature changes or windy climate etc. Also my skin is sensitive to sun (like getting sun spots in the face etc).
    Last edited by Akira; 11-19-2020 at 07:11 PM.

  2. #2
    chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    TIM
    ILE-pars pro toto
    Posts
    2,168
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My SLI ex husband would sneeze when he walked outside into the sunlight.
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

    -Carl Jung

  3. #3
    Akira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    Га6eH
    Posts
    3,276
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    My SLI ex husband would sneeze when he walked outside into the sunlight.
    This happens to me often too.

  4. #4
    a two horned unicorn renegade Chin Diaper 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On a toilet, right above you
    TIM
    mb ILE-H LEVF
    Posts
    6,035
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see... interesting sounds bit Ip of you. I just have to ask the opposite. Does this climate make me shiver and do I shiver... and should I shiver?
    Uncertified public verbal executioner of ESI. Tickets will be available soon.
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

    Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

  5. #5
    Akira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    Га6eH
    Posts
    3,276
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comatose Lamiac 007 View Post
    I see... interesting sounds bit Ip of you. I just have to ask the opposite. Does this climate make me shiver and do I shiver... and should I shiver?
    Ime Ne types are the last in notice or be affected by climate.

  6. #6
    myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I've always had allergy symptoms caused by sudden temperature changes like what's described in here:



    I feel like my body perceives changes in the temperature before I consciously do, and reacts drastically to such with uncontrollable sneezes, runny nose or nasal congestion.

    Do you know someone who has these (or similar) reactions too?

    I was wondering if it could be related of being Si lead. I know an SEI who has allergy to animals and an ESE who's also sensitive to temperature changes or windy climate etc. Also my skin is sensitive to sun (like getting sun spots in the face etc).
    It may be related to Si. Si- more than Si+, since it is more focused on discomfort than Si+. So SLIs would be more prone to show this kind of sensivity.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,587
    Mentioned
    1152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    You'd better talked with medics. It's mainly body related, but not a psyche as should not be linked hard with emotions or thoughts.

    Sometimes an allergy is linked with chronic inflammations and infections (in any body part, including GIT). If to remove or reduce them - the allergy may be _reduced_ too. May help to reduce contacts with toxins or different substances which may provoke an allergy.
    In case of nose area - mb may help local antibiotic meds, a variant of which are onion and garlic eaten everyday. Cuten onion may be respirered too.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  8. #8
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Posts
    1,817
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can tell if it's going to rain from inside an underground bunker because I instantly get tired. I have pretty bad allergies so ive always assumed it has something to do with that.

  9. #9
    chocolatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    TIM
    IEI 417
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Tommy
    If you haven't already, you should read about mast cells and mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS).
    Allergy-like symptoms can be triggered by environmental changes.

    My brother (LII) is very sensitive to sudden temperature/weather changes like you are.
    I often get symptoms right before a thunderstorm or when the heating turns on (though that may be related to dust allergy).

    I don't think this is type related. The only difference is how aware the individual is to the existence of triggers. My brother is very sensitive but doesn't notice that he is. He only knows because we've done the noticing for him.

  10. #10
    Alomoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That is what I would assume. I would also assume others would say no. And here we are. Sneezing in the light is a photosensitive reaction. It is logical to assume it is biological, and not psychologically tied. For example, crying in the cold is not Si. It is natural. However, what comes next should reveal the answer. As an example, I used to burn my eyes in the shower. I have no idea why it stopped. As such, my conclusion is Si polr. I can speculate it was the soap, but that is from me speculating. Si probably would also attempt to solve the problem. I rubbed my eyes, which made the problem worse, and this would continue. I am aware it made the problem worse because people told me it would make the problem worse. Otherwise, all I could say is that there was pain. Eventually, I started to ignore the pain. The pain wasn't an issue, it was the tendency that I would close my eyes which was the main issue.

    I could be Si valuing or Si polr, but nothing else.

    If I was Si valuing, I would value a solution. Tbh, I didn't really see it as a problem, and just rubbed my eyes, even though it didn't help, as it seemed natural. As such, you know where I believe I stand on the issue. This could, however, just be me valuing pain. As such, I am unsure of the true answer. However, that is irrelevant to this issue. I hope this helps in showing off what lack of Si is from my perspective.
    Fixing myself one block at a time.

  11. #11
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    2,940
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    That is what I would assume. I would also assume others would say no. And here we are. Sneezing in the light is a photosensitive reaction. It is logical to assume it is biological, and not psychologically tied. For example, crying in the cold is not Si. It is natural. However, what comes next should reveal the answer. As an example, I used to burn my eyes in the shower. I have no idea why it stopped. As such, my conclusion is Si polr. I can speculate it was the soap, but that is from me speculating. Si probably would also attempt to solve the problem. I rubbed my eyes, which made the problem worse, and this would continue. I am aware it made the problem worse because people told me it would make the problem worse. Otherwise, all I could say is that there was pain. Eventually, I started to ignore the pain. The pain wasn't an issue, it was the tendency that I would close my eyes which was the main issue.

    I could be Si valuing or Si polr, but nothing else.

    If I was Si valuing, I would value a solution. Tbh, I didn't really see it as a problem, and just rubbed my eyes, even though it didn't help, as it seemed natural. As such, you know where I believe I stand on the issue. This could, however, just be me valuing pain. As such, I am unsure of the true answer. However, that is irrelevant to this issue. I hope this helps in showing off what lack of Si is from my perspective.
    The problem when making conclusions about Si behaviour is that even though Si senses the endosomatic impressions "body sensations", it doesn't do anything about it. It doesn't solve, or deal with anything. However, the individual might deal with the health issues, but then he has to engage with other functions also and step out of the pure sensation state of mind.
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)


    My Pinterest

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •