It suprised me that IEE are the Negativist and the Serious Dichtomies.

I dont actually dispute what they say, i can definately see it, however i would have still guessed merry and positive had you have asked me. This is how i see it.

Negativist:

Imagine work asked me to do a speech for 20 people. My first thought wouldn't be Yahoo! what an opportunity! It
would be holy cow, imagine how scary this would be, what if i stuff it up? etc.

I suppose this is how negativist manifests itself.

See i will rarely slip into Melancholy for a long time. When i get sad, occasionally i can get extremely sad. My thoughts spiral so out of control i think the world is ending. Generally this doesn't last long though, maybe 3 days at the most.

It is said IEE has a nack of solving personal problems, and i definately see this. I twist my thoughts and change them until they become reassuring, then i go with that.

Not to bring any other types down, but what originally confused me was that some of the positivist types seem to slip into negative thoughtstreams far more than me. My ISTj dad is continually sad / annoyed and my ISTp friend belives the world is crap and people are crap. These thoughts to me are negative.

I was just considering the ISTp as an example though. For someone who doesn't particularly like interaction with people, thats a tough ask in todays world. You cant really avoid people easily these days. I suppose with my weaknesses("thinking") i can sidestep them easier. I did go through a Major stage of reading self-help books, and read a lot about the power of positive thinking etc, so maybe that has tipped the balance slightly?

ENTp's i definately see as positive. They seem to believe in positive thinking etc and ensure they practice it rigorously lol. So it seems to me that Positive types can still easily have lots of negative thoughts, however when it comes to action, they have a more positive outlook.

Serious:

This is also an interesting one. I can definately see how i am serious. I do take life seriously and can slip into "serious mode" fairly often. When im in a good mood, i would have thought i would be merry though. Easy going and happy to laugh with people / make jokes etc. Still in public i suppose im not as likely to laugh as much / as hard as some of the betas i hang out with at work.

Anyway of course i haven't stated anything revolutionary, in fact im sure this is exactly how the descriptions probalby are.
I just cant damn well sleeep and i need to get up in 6 hours lol