ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peteronfireee View Post
    Please.

Obama literally said "if they bring knives, we bring guns"

He did say that, and about Republican verbal attacks on Democrats.

But why didn't a mob of black liberals with guns storm the Capitol during Trump's inauguration?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

But why didn't a mob of black liberals with guns storm the Capitol during Trump's inauguration?
    first u shit on Christians even though u claim to be one

And now u fail to see ur own shit. The biggest stinkiest piece of Turd at that

u are literally proving ur delusion Adam.

Im just wondering who ur gonna bitch and moan about in the next 4 years
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 01-15-2021 at 09:42 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peteronfireee View Post
    first u shit on Christians even though u claim to be one

And now u fail to see ur own shit. The biggest stinkiest piece of Turd at that

u are literally proving ur delusion Adam.

Im just wondering who ur gonna bitch and moan about in the next 4 years
    Guys from Redford and Ferndale, probably.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

This is some of what happened in DC during Trump's inauguration. Totally normal peaceful stuff :

And from mainstream, official sanctioned sources since you prefer those:

https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/19/polit...rch/index.html

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    This is some of what happened in DC during Trump's inauguration. Totally normal peaceful stuff :

And from mainstream, official sanctioned sources since you prefer those:

https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/19/polit...rch/index.html

Did 6 people die?

I'm not suggesting they are peaceful. I am not supporting bringing bricks or hammers.

I am not saying I support violence.

Did 6 people die?

Did the leader of the free world urge these people on?

Did they storm a building of offices and scream they wanted to hang Mike Pence?

This isn't the same as what happened this year.

Some of the same spirit, but not the same tactics and outcomes.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    Did 6 people die?

I'm not suggesting they are peaceful. I am not supporting bringing bricks or hammers.

I am not saying I support violence.

Did 6 people die?

Did the leader of the free world urge these people on?

Did they storm a building of offices and scream they wanted to hang Mike Pence?

This isn't the same as what happened this year.

Some of the same spirit, but not the same tactics and outcomes.

If you cared about the truth, you wouldn't be parroting the "6 people died" line. That number is counting officer suicides that happened after the fact. Sadly, officer suicides are a daily occurrence this year, and really shouldn't be included in this number. There were some Trump supporters with medical conditions who died during the rally. And there was a woman shot in the neck by capitol police (Ashli Babbit). None of the Kavanaugh protestors were shot, so using her in this to show how the protests are different only shows how the protestors were treated differently. There also was a police officer who died (Brian Sicknick) and his death is being investigated. As of now nobody knows who was responsible for his death.

There's truth, and there's narrative. Narrative is driven by partisans, and it helps them to ignore the truth. And I'm talking partisans of all political parties. It's really hard to talk to partisans, regardless of what side they're on. I haven't read the book this link summarizes but it sounds interesting: LINK Here's a quote from it:

Once partisans had found a way to reason to false conclusions, not only did neural circuits involved in negative emotions turn off, but circuits involved in positive emotions turned on. The partisan brain didn’t seem satisfied in just feeling better. It worked overtime to feel good, activating reward circuits that give partisans a jolt of positive reinforcement for their biased “reasoning.” These reward circuits overlap substantially with those activated when drug addicts get their “fix,” giving new meaning to the term political junkie.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    If you cared about the truth, you wouldn't be parroting the "6 people died" line. That number is counting officer suicides that happened after the fact. Sadly, officer suicides are a daily occurrence this year, and really shouldn't be included in this number. There were some Trump supporters with medical conditions who died during the rally. And there was a woman shot in the neck by capitol police (Ashli Babbit). None of the Kavanaugh protestors were shot, so using her in this to show how the protests are different only shows how the protestors were treated differently. There also was a police officer who died (Brian Sicknick) and his death is being investigated. As of now nobody knows who was responsible for his death.

There's truth, and there's narrative. Narrative is driven by partisans, and it helps them to ignore the truth. And I'm talking partisans of all political parties. It's really hard to talk to partisans, regardless of what side they're on. I haven't read the book this link summarizes but it sounds interesting: LINK Here's a quote from it:
    It doesn't logically follow that misunderstanding or mishearing a sixth death somehow connected to the ra-ra! as a death caused during the riot indicates a person 'DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE TRUTH!'

That's not how caring about the truth works