Quote Originally Posted by StarPath View Post
Okay, I see where you are coming from. I just realized that I had a "flash of insight" (could be a sign of Ni HA, possibly) that suggests that maybe my Ne could be higher than PoLR levels.

How I Relate To Ne PoLR:
- Black-and-white thinking. "It must be done a certain way. There is only one correct and moral way of being. Internal morals and principles should not be broken."
- Struggle to adapt to changes in views. I used to have such unchanging opinions that it would be hard to change my mind on it, and even I thought I should change my mind of the matter. Sometimes, my views would just not change no matter what. Sometimes, it could be hard to adapt from one way of doing something.
- Struggle to adapt to major changes. When I was a child, I used to really struggle with adjusting from school to summer. The structure of school just comforted me, and I would become really stressed due to the rapid change from school to summer. Same with the change from normalcy to pandemic life.
- Not being super open-minded. My views are my views and I can be very self-righteous at times.
How I Do Not Relate To Ne PoLR:
- I like to try new foods and new things sometimes to see if I like it or if it works.
- I am actually very creative. I created multiple fictional planets and I used to like to do creative writing when I was younger.
- I used to like to experiment (deviate from the norm) in the kitchen by making things without recipes and alternating from the norms of recipes.
Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
This sounds like it could be Ni polr. I've observed that Ni polrs (ESE/ LSE) have problems with "switching gears". Like taking a break from work and then starting working again. Sometimes you have to work fast and sometimes slower but they have problems with these shifts of pace.
FWIW, every ESI that I've ever known prefers to get into one groove and stay there. I think they just don't like changes.

I once asked an ESI with a PhD in Physics why he was working for an LIE instead of doing something where he led the show, because the guy knew everything about everything.
He said that, while he could see many possible outcomes for all the possible actions he could take, he found it almost impossible to choose between them. The LIE was able to do that easily.
As a consequence, in life areas where the ESI determined his own path, he tended to take the most immediate opportunity in front of him and then never change. Because who knows, all the alternatives might be worse. He might hate his job, but he knows exactly how he hates it, and that's better than Destination: Unknown.

I also don't know any ESI's with any kind of retirement accounts. Or plans. I have no idea what they think is going to happen in the future, but I suspect that they try not to think about that.

If ESI's think about the future at all, they probably want to believe that everything is going to work out. Somehow.

This is what LIE's are good at; imagining a secure, assured future and making it happen.