Thread: Ave does a questionnaire

Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do part time work, get 120$ together, pay Gulenko to type you. Problem solved.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Taco Bell was advertising $12/hr, ten hour shifts, free food. Plus, typed in one day.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Taco Bell was advertising $12/hr, ten hour shifts, free food. Plus, typed in one day.
    I find it very difficult to understand why ppl don't just pay for a professional's evaluation. Even from a Te perspective, one loses time attempting to figure one's type out, consequently one loses more than 120$ wasting time.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I find it very difficult to understand why ppl don't just pay for a professional's evaluation. Even from a Te perspective, one loses time attempting to figure one's type out, consequently one loses more than 120$ wasting time.
    In my High School, there were a number of professional guidance counselors who were there to help the students figure out what they should do with their lives.

They were all idiots.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

In the mean time, ppl are finding it very difficult to understand this deference before authority.

Socionics 'professionals' have never seen eye to eye - the correspondence on their typings on SSS database would vary around 30-80% - as socionics has never been a coherent system. So how would you establish who's the authority there deserving of the cha-ching?

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    In the mean time, ppl are finding it very difficult to understand this deference before authority.

Socionics 'professionals' have never seen eye to eye - the correspondence on their typings on SSS database would vary around 30-80% - as socionics has never been a coherent system. So how would you establish who's the authority there deserving of the cha-ching?
    WSS and Gulenko have different methods of typing people. I think both seem to have both seriousness and effort into those methods, but yes, they differ and thusly so do the results. I don't think either should be dismissed, perhaps being typed by several professionals might not be a bad thing.

You may or may not believe the result, but you will know that based on A,B, and C, your result is X, Y, and Z, in other words you'll have reasoning to back up the typing and the reasoning isn't random or something pulled out of someone's ass, at least not based on what I've seen.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its very simple: Gulenko has 30 years experience, he is trained in this and he isn't an English speaker, thus he does not need to rely on shoddy translations. Considering even his own book's English version is just a google translation.. my reasoning in favor of a professional should be clear: its more reliable. Plus I'm LSI and deferring to authority & quality information is in the description.

"In LSI's opinion, the behavior of a person needs to correspond to his position, otherwise public consciousness will be disoriented by models of the "unbecoming" behavior, which will lead to the destabilization of the social system. Respect for the authority - is one of the most important values of his intellectual structure. Orientation at authority - is an important motivation for many of his actions, that in many respects determine the nature of LSI's relationships and behavior." - Stratiyevskaya

Basic Ti , know your place within the structure / common sense. Gulenko's opinion > The opinion of random ppl on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    In my High School, there were a number of professional guidance counselors who were there to help the students figure out what they should do with their lives.

They were all idiots.
    Adam you are also an idiot :'>.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Dude, I have enough money saved up. I've been thinking about doing this, too.
    I suggested it, because you could potentially waste years on the forum and not get far.
    Last edited by SGF; 11-06-2020 at 06:49 AM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

its very simple: Gulenko has 30 years experience, he is trained in this and he isn't an English speaker, thus he does not need to rely on shoddy translations. Considering even his own book's English version is just a google translation.. my reasoning in favor of a professional should be clear: its more reliable. Plus I'm LSI and deferring to authority & quality information is in the description.

"In LSI's opinion, the behavior of a person needs to correspond to his position, otherwise public consciousness will be disoriented by models of the "unbecoming" behavior, which will lead to the destabilization of the social system. Respect for the authority - is one of the most important values of his intellectual structure. Orientation at authority - is an important motivation for many of his actions, that in many respects determine the nature of LSI's relationships and behavior." - Stratiyevskaya

Basic Ti , know your place within the structure / common sense. Gulenko's opinion > The opinion of random ppl on the net.
    This hasn't answered the question.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This hasn't answered the question.
    It has as far as I'm concerned. I won't repeat myself.
    As far as I'm concerned the opinions of ppl on this forum are worthless.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adam you are also an idiot :'>.

I suggested it, because you could potentially waste years on the forum and not get far.
    Eh, maybe you take this too seriously.
    1. This is occult knowledge. No one's really an expert. There are varying degrees of sense and application in applying this. Some are better than others at doing that, but Gulenko isn't perfect. His DCNH has theoretical problems when it can overlap and obfuscate the original socionics theory.
    2. I've learned way more in life and had a lot of great and personal success by learning things on my own. I've built cars with no auto experience when people told me I wouldn't be able to. I've repaired electronics when people tell me I can't. I've learned to do proper electrical work when shitheads will just say to "hire a professional" when they could have offered some help instead. I do my own car maintenance when everyone is so obsessed with having a mechanic. I've even started helping people who have bad mechanics or need a good second opinion or someone to do work for them for a reasonable price. I do my own financial investments and almost always beat the average for the year; the one account I have with Edwards Jones with a small amount of money always does poorly, compared to my personal investments (for about 5 years now). I've even gotten into 3d printing and helped make tools and fixtures at work for people at an aerospace company. But there are some things I just don't want to do, like having a roof redone or woodworking or tinting windows, tiling, or plumbing, but I've learned that through experience too. Otherwise, how would really know?
    3. Because I'm not afraid to fail, if a company invests time in me, I'll eventually outperform my peers. And it feels good to learn and do things, even if I fail or spend more money in the process, that's worth the extra money in itself. And I do like being seen as a kind of expert that gets called in to fix the mess when everyone else is flailing.

Moral of the story. Most of the time, people like to pretend they know more than they do, or they want to stop other people from trying and failing and eventually succeeding. And maybe this is just a difference of values. But I'm a person that enjoys the process, especially if it's hard, frustrating, and stressful and in the end I succeed despite.

But I will concede that it gets a little tiring when people contradict each other so often on here and don't care or only seem to want to hear their own voice. That doesn't make anything clear at all and kind of defeats the point of discussing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Uncle Ave

Just my impression, but you sound like an intuitive type; you describe imagination a lot and there's little talk about down-to-earth ideas or thinking or just sensory stuff in general.
    I'm also guessing you're an extrovert, by your own admissions of pressuring in relationships, not being able to be detached, and general reactivity described.
    What Adam said about Fi might be right, but I wouldn't rule out EIE. I think sometimes socionics like to pigeonhole certain things to certain dichotomies, but the way you describe relationships and what you want out of them seems just healthy to me and I don't know if that's necessarily Fi.
    Out of curiosity, do you think you are more Dialectical-algorithmic or vortical-synergist (per Gulenko's cognitive styles), or other cognitive style, when around other people? I'm only asking because I think what you said about impressions and joking and such could apply to LIE or EIE, though socionics probably says it's Fe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dude, I have enough money saved up. I've been thinking about doing this, too.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs