Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Making Twitter unban Trump is like making a baker bake a gay cake. Both are forms of compelled political expression.

For the record, I don't think that he should have been banned. That is, however, a pertinent analogy.
    For the record I don't think Twitter should unban anyone including Trump, I think we should ban Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, Google because they are illegal corporate monopolies with too much power.
    The bake the cake argument is mute when when we are dealing with corporations such as google who has half the planet by the balls through sheer dependency.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    The bake the cake argument is mute when when we are dealing with corporations such as google who has half the planet by the balls through sheer dependency.
    In general, the fact that tech. giants are monopolies spoils the analogy—I agree with that. In this instance, the president has access to other channels, which saves the analogy; he can call a press conference or go on Fox News virtually anytime that he wants.