Hybrid View

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    im not familiar with BLM riot or incitements on them. But I do believe it is within the companies’ right in general to cancel those kinds of people. Plus - and I don’t necessarily like this but it just is - this was “bigger” or more attention grabbing due to being a Capitol riot and the protestors were encouraged by the President. That may be why you see a bigger action taken here maybe
    Legality != morality. Yes they have a legal “right” to cancel these people. And people have a “right” to be concerned that big tech can just make opposing views and people they don’t like disappear from the Internet. If the forum moderators decided to ban you because they didn’t like you they’d have a “right” to do so; does that make it morally right?

I think “free speech” is fine but when it’s literally resulting in violence, an action has to be taken
    “Resulting in violence” is an odd way to say that a protester was needlessly shot. Law enforcement let a mob into the capitol; it’s their fault, not Trump’s.

plus this was an attack on the government itself, incited by the president, so it makes sense more urgent actions are taken for it.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/617614/
    im not trying to downplay and incitement’s of violence by anybody else in the congress but just that I don’t think Twitter or any other tech companies really did anything wrong by “cancelling” him.
    Trump did not tell them to go there. He didn’t incite anything. And even if he did the fact that big tech collaborated to disappear the online presence of the President doesn’t concern you?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Trump did not tell them to go there. He didn’t incite anything.
    Where are you getting your news?

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...-capitol-riot/

And even if he did the fact that big tech collaborated to disappear the online presence of the President doesn’t concern you?
    Isn't this an example of me-too-ism?

"I did nothing wrong."
    "And if I did, you can't prove it because I deny it."
    "And even if I did it, it wasn't wrong."
    "There are other things you should worry about so much more."

I'm thinking "Ted Bundy" here.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    My bad. I didn’t see that he mentioned anything about going over to the capitol. Still he wasn’t calling for violence and asked them to be peaceful.

Isn't this an example of me-too-ism?

"I did nothing wrong."
    "And if I did, you can't prove it because I deny it."
    "And even if I did it, it wasn't wrong."
    "There are other things you should worry about so much more."

I'm thinking "Ted Bundy" here.
    Yes, I’m saying it’s more concerning that Twitter and big tech have decided to censor a sitting President than whatever Trump may have said.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My bad. I didn’t see that he mentioned anything about going over to the capitol. Still he wasn’t calling for violence and asked them to be peaceful.
    He is a weasel and a coward, only too happy to incite and then dodge responsibility. Please refer to my post, "Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_n...lent_priest%3F

Yes, I’m saying it’s more concerning that Twitter and big tech have decided to censor a sitting President than whatever Trump may have said.
    Free speech is an essential part of maintaining a democracy, but the right to say anything you want is not unlimited.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shouti...rowded_theater

Twitter and big tech let him talk for a long time, and what we got as a result was something that many people predicted.
    @FreelancePoliceman, you're a smart guy, normally excellent at seeing unvarnished reality. Why are you not seeing this?