Thread: 2020 Disunited States of America Election

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    Not a big fan of cancel culture. Don’t care whose side people are on. Did you see what they tried doing to Chris Pratt?? They tried ruining his career for being private about his political opinion. To me, that’s just insane.

anyway ‘holding people accountable’ isn’t really my forte, personally. I just got chewed out by my 11 year old last night for not disciplining my 8 year old.
    I don't like cancel culture either, though I wouldn't associate holding Trump responsible for his actions with it.

I didn't see the Chris Pratt thing, but there are alot of such stories. I agree it goes too far. Otoh I still feel Trump should be held accountable for inciting the riot against the capitol.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    There are currently people losing their jobs and being investigated just for being present during that rally, when they never even got near the building itself. People talk about how parler is being shut down - well, it happened years ago to Gab, and the founder of that site not only was denied hosting services and had to build his own servers, but all payment was refused to him. He couldn't accept any money through his site by any credit card or payment service, and could only use bitcoin, wire transfers and checks. His app was kicked off all the app stores. And even his personal credit cards and those of his family members were revoked, so they can't even have a credit card for personal use. Trump isn't unique or the first. And he has more resources than most to fall back on, so don't make it about Trump. Those that actually are blinded by hate for the man will only laugh the more bad that befalls him and never make the connection that this is only the beginning if we don't stop it. That he is the president and so high-profile will hopefully bring attention to what is happening, but it's been happening unnoticed to others for a long time already.
    Indeed, it is only the beginning. Sadly, thanks to the PTB having control of the school system for several generations, well, most are dumb enough to be led by the nose by what amounts to their literal slave masters and be happy about it. The slaves in the antebellum south had a profound and fervent hate for the House... Well, I can't say that word in polite company but there's an awful lot of them around and about nowadays and yeah, we know who they are and this will not end well for them collectively. Another word for them: Useful idiots. Bezmenov had a thing or two to say about their ultimate fate.

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    Lmao. thanks! I found some last night, but I went to a different town! Thank god! Whew! Geezus, people use their thumbs? Hope they at least wash their hands good. I’ve told a few random strangers in stores that the toilet paper thing is weird, that they can use anything, and they look at me like I’m an alien. Well they prob think I’m crude, too, but Geezus people!
    That may be true, but it is, again, a modern comfort that they're rather unwilling to part with.

Also, soap is a thing most people buy yet have no idea how to produce themselves. In its most primitive form of production, you'll need hardwood ash and some form of biological fat/oil. Like olive oil or animal tallow (e.g rendered bacon fat). Hardwood ash can be boiled in water to create lye. Combine the lye with the heated/liquid fat to start the process. I think I did this in middle school as a lab experiment, only we just got provided some premade lye and fat/oil instead of creating it ourselves from hardwood ash and cooked meat/pressed seeds or whatnot. Worked fine. Ya mixed it all in until was almost dough-like in consistency and then just let it cure for a few days. Boom. Unscented soap.

Fun fact I just remembered, do not use aluminum utensils during any step of this process. Lye kind of eats aluminum for breakfast. Not sure I'd wanna wash down with a bar of soap made after, if in some step in the process, it burned a hole through an aluminum pan...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I don't like cancel culture either, though I wouldn't associate holding Trump responsible for his actions with it.

I didn't see the Chris Pratt thing, but there are alot of such stories. I agree it goes too far. Otoh I still feel Trump should be held accountable for inciting the riot against the capitol.
    He didn't incite jack shit and you'd know it if you didn't think CNN and the like actually provide information without an agenda. Nothing he said or did was an outright incitement from the perspective of any objective observer. Provide to me the exact quote, action, order, etc. that acted as an incitement to violence upon the capital building in your eyes. You either will not or you will provide me with some BS example that won't last 5 seconds of intense scrutiny from yours truly. You got Trump Derangement Syndrome I'm afraid. Fix that problem. For your own sake if nothing else.
    Last edited by End; 01-14-2021 at 06:20 AM.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    He didn't incite jack shit and you'd know it if you didn't think CNN and the like actually provide information without an agenda. Nothing he said or did was an outright incitement from the perspective of any objective observer. Provide to me the exact quote, action, order, etc. that acted as an incitement to violence upon the capital building in your eyes. You either will not or you will provide me with some BS example that won't last 5 seconds of intense scrutiny from yours truly. You got Trump Derangement Syndrome I'm afraid. Fix that problem. For your own sake if nothing else.

You can find part of the speech here. What's really insidious with Trump, in addition to all the lies he spews, which have been fact-checked again and again, is that he never outright says what he incites or suggests. Like the birther campaign thing, you probably think that was not racist, because didn't Trump didn't openly say anything racist. That's really naive, if you believe that. Just like it's naive if you believe Trump telling the truth when it comes to this election (why is he the only one spewing this bs I wonder?) and that it's naive if you believe Trump can't be held accountable for the protest, same with Guiliani, Mo Brooks, Don Jr, etc. "Trial by combat" - Giuliani is a lawyer and he knows what he can and can't say to avoid getting in trouble - all the while inciting a mob. If such words in your opinion aeren't meant to stoke the flames of an already angry crowd, maybe you can fix your naivete, if only for your own sake.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can find part of the speech here. What's really insidious with Trump, in addition to all the lies he spews, which have been fact-checked again and again, is that he never outright says what he incites or suggests. Like the birther campaign thing, you probably think that was not racist, because didn't Trump didn't openly say anything racist. That's really naive, if you believe that. Just like it's naive if you believe Trump telling the truth when it comes to this election (why is he the only one spewing this bs I wonder?) and that it's naive if you believe Trump can't be held accountable for the protest, same with Guiliani, Mo Brooks, Don Jr, etc. "Trial by combat" - Giuliani is a lawyer and he knows what he can and can't say to avoid getting in trouble - all the while inciting a mob. If such words in your opinion aeren't meant to stoke the flames of an already angry crowd, maybe you can fix your naivete, if only for your own sake.
    LOL quoting a VICE video or article. e_e they are some sleazy propaganda machine dude like Fox, CNN, Buzzfeed or the BBC... JESUS CHRIST. To find ppl this day and age who still believe anything MSM says LOL

I also find it weird that religious conservatives defend Trump, who is a sleazy 90s democrat, who doesn't really have their best interests at heart... this guy is by no means even close to being like Pat Buchanan for example.

The overton window has shifted HARD when conservatards are defending a democrat.
    Last edited by SGF; 01-14-2021 at 09:08 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You will forgive me for doubting this given the facts that have been undeniably verified. The "storming" of the Capital happened during Trump's speech. Incitement is a thing that by definition happens shortly or immediately after or during a rather heated moment where the incited mob is directly adjacent to the "site" of the incitement. None of these were the case in regards to Trump's rally. The "stormers" were breaking in well before it ended and his rally was well the far fucking away from it.

Plus if you're paying any attention to anything that's happened since your post you'd be forced to agree that the whole affair glows fiercely enough in the dark that even a Chinese outright made to be defective Geiger Counter wouldn't fail to start clicking something fierce at a most inconvenient time from the perspective of the PTB.
    Last edited by End; 01-16-2021 at 04:44 AM.