Okay, so I've been thinking about how cognition works, and how our brains prioritize certain functions, but how does that relate to how we see the world? Do certain types "see" differently? Are some more detached while others are more connected to reality? Or do some see something in others that other types cannot? Of course, this is not counting factors that affect perception like depression or anxiety, but how you have perceived the world for all your life.

So, here's my experience.

For as long as I can remember, I've always felt detached from the world. Like I'm viewing my life from afar. My feelings and emotions are distant, as if someone else's. When I react emotionally to something, I'm fully aware of it. I don't drown in my emotions. Even when angry, I don't seem to lose control. My mind and body are just numb to most things. I don't feel anything when looking at others or myself. I don't get the sense of pride or disgust others have for their appearance. I take care of myself, but it's more to ensure this meat sack I call a body doesn't fall ill or expire. People seem like moving figures in the background to me, and when they call out, it takes a moment for me to recognize them. It's not on purpose. More like it takes time for me to connect to reality. I sort of feel like a wandering spirit, observing the world, at times. I do have moments of clarity, like when I analyze something exciting or speak with an enthusiastic person. However, my default state of perception is emptiness and disinterest.

Now, I don't have a problematic history. No abuse or mental illness. No drinking or smoking. Even my life has been average. Nothing traumatic or anything. However, when I spoke to a friend recently, I've started to wonder about the perception of others. The friend in question is a SEI, and she remarks of how vibrant the world is and how connected she feels to others. She "sees" people and seems to experience everything with extreme clarity, like she is a part of this world, for lack of a better phrase.

I know being a LII means being detached and in my head all the time, which is why I want to know how other types experience things.