Thread: From a cognitive perspective, how have you always perceived yourself and the world?

Hybrid View

Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Interesting topic. I perceive the world in a very different way than you do OP. I can't barely imagine how it would be to live like that, except for this "I sort of feel like a wandering spirit, observing the world, at times.". This is probably related to being Introverted or sx, or both. I feel like this too at times, not because I'm detached from myself but because I'm detached from the rest of the ppl.

I've a strong connection with myself (physical and psychological) and I know Who I am and what I like (I don't get when ppl say that they don't know who they are or what they like etc). External things (images, scenarios, animals, objects, people, sounds, words, gestures, colors, textures, temperature etc) evoke in me a reaction that almost often goes without being visibly or externally expressed. Please ( which makes me feel joy, interest, comfort, pleasure) , displease (anger, sadness, fear, nausea) or indifference (no effect at all), certain things also evoke old memories and others remind me of things I need/have to do and haven't yet (I have forgotten about or delayed). Trying always to keep this internal balance (through selective attention), where I can be on a constant and natural state of wellbeing, relaxation and peace in present moment. I must say, this state is not possible without selective attention. That said, I barely feel emotional and I'm aware of the few moments when I am (usually caused by ethical ppl irl or mere violence -verbal, physical or emotional). I think negative emotions try to disrupt selective attention and pass over my will or election. But I also dislike when ppl is trying to make me react with an emotion when I feel like not doing it (usually most of the parties, group meetings etc). I also dislike when I see discomfort or suffering in others so I can be moved to aid or help in a way, or as last resource, remove myself from that person (when they reject my help or constantly fight to remain in a state of anxiety, disgrace, suffering, drama etc), since I can't offer mere emotions to comfort them, just practical aid or advice, aka guidance.

A parallel processing is through a chain of thoughts, an internal chat. In this way most of the logical or rational thoughts are made as conclusions and resolutions from external information almost completely going in the sense of evaluating what's useful/useless, true/false, convenient/inconvenient, healthy/unhealthy, harmless/dangerous, just/unfair, etc and conclusions to events or information in through inferences which makes me take resolutions and direct action (perform, learn etc).

For the rest, there's a constant need to get new interesting information, task that's natural for the Reporter (IEE).
    Last edited by Faith; 11-01-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Interesting topic. I perceive the world in a very different way than you do OP. I can't barely imagine how it would be to live like that, except for this "I sort of feel like a wandering spirit, observing the world, at times.". This is probably related to being Introverted or sx, or both. I feel like this too at times, not because I'm detached from myself but because I'm detached from the rest of the ppl.

I've a strong connection with myself (physical and psychological) and I know Who I am and what I like (I don't get when ppl say that they don't know who they are or what they like etc). External things (images, scenarios, animals, objects, people, sounds, words, gestures, colors, textures, temperature etc) evoke in me a reaction that almost often goes without being visibly or externally expressed. Please ( which makes me feel joy, interest, comfort, pleasure) , displease (anger, sadness, fear, nausea) or indifference (no effect at all), certain things also evoke old memories and others remind me of things I need/have to do and haven't yet (I have forgotten about or delayed). Trying always to keep this internal balance (through selective attention), where I can be on a constant and natural state of wellbeing, relaxation and peace in present moment. I must say, this state is not possible without selective attention. That said, I barely feel emotional and I'm aware of the few moments when I am (usually caused by ethical ppl irl or mere violence -verbal, physical or emotional). I think negative emotions try to disrupt selective attention and pass over my will or election. But I also dislike when ppl is trying to make me react with an emotion when I feel like not doing it (usually most of the parties, group meetings etc). I also dislike when I see discomfort or suffering in others so I can be moved to aid or help in a way, or as last resource, remove myself from that person (when they reject my help or constantly fight to remain in a state of anxiety, disgrace, suffering, drama etc), since I can't offer mere emotions to comfort them, just practical aid or advice, aka guidance.

A parallel processing is through a chain of thoughts, an internal chat. In this way most of the logical or rational thoughts are made as conclusions and resolutions from external information almost completely going in the sense of evaluating what's useful/useless, true/false, convenient/inconvenient, healthy/unhealthy, harmless/dangerous, just/unfair, etc and conclusions to events or information in through inferences which makes me take resolutions and direct action (perform, learn etc).

For the rest, there's a constant need to get new interesting information, task that's natural for the Reporter (IEE).
    Yup. This is the same for me also.