Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Bible Characters by Collaboration

  1. #1
    Darn Socks DirectorAbbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    7,116
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Bible Characters by Collaboration

    On Saturday I spent a few hours discussing the personalities of Bible characters with my pastor (IEE-Fi) I gave him a rundown of socionics and wrote out the different personality types, sorted by quadra and with accompanying function symbols. We analyzed the actions, interactions, and writing styles of various people from the Bible. So here are the typings, as determined by people whose life's work involves studying these characters. (New Testament characters are more likely to be accurate since my pastor has recently been studying and teaching on their interactions.)

    Barnabus - ESE
    John Mark - SEI*
    Jeremiah - SEI*
    King Saul - EIE*
    Matthew - LSI*
    John - IEI
    Jesus - ESI
    Prince Jonathan - ESI*
    Paul - LIE
    Peter - SEE
    David - SEE
    Thomas - ILI*
    Luke - LSE*
    James the brother of Christ - SLI*
    Moses - SLI
    Ezekiel - IEE*

    *working off limited information; less certain typing

    If you suggest some other biblical characters, we may be able to type them later and I can add their typings to this post.
    Daniel and Abraham could be interesting.

    If you're interested in an explanation on the typing of a particular character, go ahead and ask, but I'm not going to bother explaining all of them, so please don't overdo the explanation expectations.

    LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    3w2? LIE-Ni sx/so
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Nehemiah might be ENTJ. I related to him a lot with the systems work
    ENTj-Ni sx/so

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    3w2? LIE-Ni sx/so
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DirectorAbbie View Post
    On Saturday I spent a few hours discussing the personalities of Bible characters with my pastor (IEE-Fi) I gave him a rundown of socionics and wrote out the different personality types, sorted by quadra and with accompanying function symbols. We analyzed the actions, interactions, and writing styles of various people from the Bible. So here are the typings, as determined by people whose life's work involves studying these characters. (New Testament characters are more likely to be accurate since my pastor has recently been studying and teaching on their interactions.)

    Barnabus - ESE
    John Mark - SEI*
    Jeremiah - SEI*
    King Saul - EIE*
    Matthew - LSI*
    John - IEI
    Jesus - ESI
    Prince Jonathan - ESI*
    Paul - LIE
    Peter - SEE
    David - SEE
    Thomas - ILI*
    Luke - LSE*
    James the brother of Christ - SLI*
    Moses - SLI
    Ezekiel - IEE*

    *working off limited information; less certain typing

    If you suggest some other biblical characters, we may be able to type them later and I can add their typings to this post.
    Daniel and Abraham could be interesting.

    If you're interested in an explanation on the typing of a particular character, go ahead and ask, but I'm not going to bother explaining all of them, so please don't overdo the explanation expectations.
    Jonathan seemed super endearing....ESI possible, yeah
    ENTj-Ni sx/so

  4. #4
    ÉL QUE SABE, SABE DEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    SxE Whatever
    Posts
    277
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Solomon - LxI?

  5. #5
    Darn Socks DirectorAbbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    7,116
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    I think Nehemiah might be ENTJ. I related to him a lot with the systems work
    I'll add him to my mental "we should type these people" list.

    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    Solomon - LxI?
    I don't know. I'll add him to the aforementioned list too. He'll be difficult because we don't have much information about his interactions with people. We have writings that are attributed to him, but we don't know how much of Proverbs is from his mind and how much he just agreed was wise and included in the collection. Ecclesiastes may be a better source to get an idea of his thought process (though some are skeptical whether he was the author). Song of Solomon wouldn't work as a source because it might be the work of a court poet who includes Solomon as a character. He certainly didn't to anything on a small scale. That may be type-related.

    LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  6. #6
    xerxe xerxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ministry of Love
    Posts
    6,586
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Judas???

  7. #7
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maizistan
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    1,488
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Miriam, sister of Moses?

  8. #8
    LemurianLo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Eagleland
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 spsx
    Posts
    171
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How would you type Joseph?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    TIM
    INTp (Te)
    Posts
    792
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    Solomon - LxI?
    Afaik he is usually typed ILI on Russian sites.

  10. #10
    ÉL QUE SABE, SABE DEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    SxE Whatever
    Posts
    277
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Afaik he is usually typed ILI on Russian sites.
    That was gonna be my next guess. I can see it.

  11. #11
    Darn Socks DirectorAbbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    7,116
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Judas???
    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Miriam, sister of Moses?
    I'll make a note to bring them up, though we don't have much about their personalities.

    Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    How would you type Joseph?
    Joseph son of Jacob, Joseph husband of Mary, or Joseph of Arimathea?
    The latter two have very little information about. The former I'm sure we have enough for. But I recently ordered a book called "Was Yosef on the Spectrum?" which analyzes his behavior, and I'd like to read that before typing him.

    LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  12. #12
    maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    3,972
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    where are the women

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why is Jesus ESI?

  14. #14
    Darn Socks DirectorAbbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    7,116
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    where are the women
    Unfortunately, the Bible was written at a time when people generally saw women as less important to keep a record of. So there are a lot more men in the Bible than women, and most of the women who are in the Bible are not accompanied by much information that could be used for typing them. The ones we could very well type we just didn't happen to get to that day. We were mostly considering those who had written books of the Bible, and that wasn't done by women. (I can't think of any ancient writings done by women.) I'll be sure to include some women next time I go through Bible characters with my pastor.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrolyV2 View Post
    Why is Jesus ESI?
    He's a feeler - very people-oriented. And he doesn't have the charisma or crowd-effectiveness of an type. He preached to crowds, but not in a way that he seemed to care what they thought of Him or how they reacted. Sometimes a crowd would gather to hear Him speak, and he'd tell a parable that most of them didn't understand, then leave without explaining it. He explained it later to those who were close to him. And He would make meaningful connections with individuals, understanding their thoughts and feelings on a mostly-unspoken level. He has a very clear-cut understanding of morality which He's told others in teaching, explaining, and rebuking.

    He's also an introvert. He would often go out alone to spend time in prayer, and being around crowds too much seemed to wear Him out.
    This leaves ESI and EII. But He's no -PoLR. He has a strong personality, even forceful at times. Like when He overturned the moneychanging tables: He saw a problem with the environment and physically acted to remove it.

    LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  15. #15
    maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    3,972
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DirectorAbbie View Post
    Unfortunately, the Bible was written at a time when people generally saw women as less important to keep a record of. So there are a lot more men in the Bible than women, and most of the women who are in the Bible are not accompanied by much information that could be used for typing them. The ones we could very well type we just didn't happen to get to that day. We were mostly considering those who had written books of the Bible, and that wasn't done by women. (I can't think of any ancient writings done by women.) I'll be sure to include some women next time I go through Bible characters with my pastor.
    I dont remember the bible that much but what about Ruth for example?

  16. #16
    Darn Socks DirectorAbbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    7,116
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    I dont remember the bible that much but what about Ruth for example?
    She'll be difficult to type, but we could try. Her main feature was loyalty, which is NTR.
    I do have Mary and Miriam on the list to type.

    LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  17. #17
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Spiritus Mundi
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    11,350
    Mentioned
    982 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Esther

    “My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung
     
    YWIMW

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •