Thread: Can you type me based on this video?

Hybrid View

TIM
    4w5 451
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    IDK, it seems we should take her age into consideration. She is young and had an awkward moment when she saw someone grieving and didn’t know how to respond properly and this affected her. I guess one could argue Fi valuing but why not belonging to a quadra whose memebers feel specially immature? I commented in passing on this minor maladjustment in some other post.

Some questions, it’d be great if you answered: with what kind of people do you hang out at school, find yourself talking to most naturally during recess, sitting next to in class? What kind of people do you want to approach but can’t figure out how?

You seem like a introvert in the classic sense, but with what kind of people do you feel you have the most fun with when you go out? What do you do?
    Most of my friends at school are these sort of academic, nerdy types, but I wouldn't say I'm the most attracted to them, we were just sort of grouped together by default The ones I find myself talking most to are those who share my interests mainly- I'm usually fairly quiet, but I remember being grouped with someone who knew a lot about a subject I was interested in during an assignment and talking a mile a minute, asking him all sorts of different questions. The ones who I want to approach, but can't are just that- after having a conversation with someone that I find interesting, I'm often left unable to approach them because I can be a bit shy and worry they may find me annoying or boring. I end up relying on them to initiate more conversation, which is how I ended up making a lot of friends in life.

I don't enjoy going out much, but when I do go out, I think I like people who can sort of gently bring me out of my shell while still respecting my boundaries and not being annoyed when I end up clinging to them all night

If it helps, the ones I'm least attracted to are the ones I perceive as "fake"- I can be quite a judgmental person in this regard, and can be a little elitist- if I perceive someone as better than me, I have to assume that they're actually boring and mundane to make myself feel better. It's irrational and very mean, and I feel a little bad about this, but it is what it is.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slowdive View Post
    Most of my friends at school are these sort of academic, nerdy types, but I wouldn't say I'm the most attracted to them, we were just sort of grouped together by default The ones I find myself talking most to are those who share my interests mainly- I'm usually fairly quiet, but I remember being grouped with someone who knew a lot about a subject I was interested in during an assignment and talking a mile a minute, asking him all sorts of different questions. The ones who I want to approach, but can't are just that- after having a conversation with someone that I find interesting, I'm often left unable to approach them because I can be a bit shy and worry they may find me annoying or boring. I end up relying on them to initiate more conversation, which is how I ended up making a lot of friends in life.

I don't enjoy going out much, but when I do go out, I think I like people who can sort of gently bring me out of my shell while still respecting my boundaries and not being annoyed when I end up clinging to them all night

If it helps, the ones I'm least attracted to are the ones I perceive as "fake"- I can be quite a judgmental person in this regard, and can be a little elitist- if I perceive someone as better than me, I have to assume that they're actually boring and mundane to make myself feel better. It's irrational and very mean, and I feel a little bad about this, but it is what it is.
    Interesting. Two more: what kind of behaviour strikes you as 'fake'? and
    What dating behaviour do you see in girls your age that make you go 'I could never pull that off' because it doesn't seem like fun and you distrust your patience to go through with it or is not typically you?
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    4w5 451
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Interesting. Two more: what kind of behaviour strikes you as 'fake'? and
    What dating behaviour do you see in girls your age that make you go 'I could never pull that off' because it doesn't seem like fun and you distrust your patience to go through with it or is not typically you?
    For the first question- it's hard to justify to me how I find someone's behavior fake, mainly because usually there is no real reason, but I guess it would be easier to describe it with an example- one time in casual conversation I overheard a girl making fun of the way I talk (the lisp mentioned in this video, lol) and even though it was gentle teasing, and wasn't even something that I would have minded had she said it to my face, I still felt hurt that she would say something negative like this when I wasn't around. From then on, I thought of her in my mind as a fake person.

For the second- I could never really be physically affectionate, especially if I am not as close with the person. When I see girls hugging boys that they've only known for a few weeks, I am shocked, because I can never even really do that to those I've known for years. In general I am not a very physical person, and respond awkwardly even to affection from my close family. I also get easily embarrassed by this.