Ich komm' nicht mehr, Ich bin in Chicago Megatrop's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-C
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When a dual is your only friend

I've seen people who say THEY HAVE NO FRIENDS, but are in a very close romantic relationship. In other words, despite their antisocial personality, they managed to find someone who loved them at some point in life.

So this leads to my question:

What's like to have a dual as your only friend (maybe lover or not). Do you know anyone like this?
    I like to teach others, even though I consider myself to be the most ignorant person alive.
    So if I impose my opinions on you, don't take them as arrogance. It's just that I have a strong willingness to share knowledge.

The more we focus on something, the clearer it gets, but all the rest of the universe gets blurrier. This applies to our thoughts, emotions, feelings, senses, etc. A great part of living can be summarized as the development of the ability to switch our attention to different aspects of our reality in order to achieve that which we want to see as a completely new kind of reality.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the literature, it seems like this is common for duality.

"In the initial stage of a dual relationship, partners often "drop out" of society for a period of time to devote energy to the new relationship and the exciting process of self-discovery."
    (...)
    "Dual relations are a "closed system" in that partners in a successful dual relationship satisfy most of each others' psychological needs and become a self-sufficient unit. They may seem closed off and inaccessible to some outsiders, but partners have simply become more selective about their activities and outside contacts as they help each other remove unnecessary irritants and stresses in their lives. Such conditions encourage self-realization, which requires focusing energy on things that are important to you and ignoring much else."

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Megatrop

Dunno, IRL I think I prefer EP temperament people no matter the quadra, I often easily get along with even IEEs at times but we often feel like we're fighting for different corporations or organizations or something despite not really being hostile with each other (and also understanding each other pretty well) so it can get awkward. I have been close friends with both ILEs, SLEs (and a few SEEs) while I 'shut the rest of the world out.'

When people say they have no friends it's probably an exaggeration, or there's some truth to it- but it's still an exaggeration. I can hang around people sometimes but I usually don't like to. Cuz I know social relationships are about giving to the energy, but I'm an introvert and I just take/and I selfishly just make everything about me without even meaning to. But then when I don't make things about myself I come off as 'too nice and naive' and can't win either way. So fuck other people I'm playing this video game hum de dum dum.